Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Senior User

lud04X is starting off with a positive reputation.
Considering a move to Kentucky....

I used to live in IL, moved to eastern WA state, and am now thinking of a move to the Bluegrass Area of Kentucky. MY parents live in IL and spend time camping in Missouri and KY would be a lot closer to both.

My pride and joy is a 1997 F350 Powerstroke Crew Cab mated to a 2004 Eagle Cap Camper, pulling a trailer with a built 2004 Jeep Wrangler that I like to wheel.

I was wondering about general information like taxes, emissions, ect that I would have to consider. I've got my degree in Biology but have worked in chemistry for several years including at the Umatilla Army Chemical Depot in Oregon. I understand Bluegrass, KY has an Army Depot and that they may be looking to hire people like me in the future.

So tell me why I should move.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Skipper of the KY Chapter

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud04X View Post
I used to live in IL, moved to eastern WA state, and am now thinking of a move to the Bluegrass Area of Kentucky. MY parents live in IL and spend time camping in Missouri and KY would be a lot closer to both.

My pride and joy is a 1997 F350 Powerstroke Crew Cab mated to a 2004 Eagle Cap Camper, pulling a trailer with a built 2004 Jeep Wrangler that I like to wheel.

I was wondering about general information like taxes, emissions, ect that I would have to consider. I've got my degree in Biology but have worked in chemistry for several years including at the Umatilla Army Chemical Depot in Oregon. I understand Bluegrass, KY has an Army Depot and that they may be looking to hire people like me in the future.

So tell me why I should move.
The sales taxes in KY is cheap: 6%.

No emissions testing required on vehicles, unless you give a DOT officer a reason (engulging him in smoke).

There's Fort Knox Army Depot where my cousin works....

19.31 E/T @ 68.78mph in a 1/4 mile
Old 11-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Ky has a lot to offer as far as scenery and beauty. You have the mountains in the east, swamps in the west, and varying degrees of the extremes in the middle. The Ft. Knox area has a good mix of both big hills and flat land. Not to mention you're close to Bardstown, Elizabethtown, and Louisville. And, about an hour and 15 minutes away from Lexington.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:30 PM

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn View Post
Ky has a lot to offer as far as scenery and beauty. You have the mountains in the east, swamps in the west, and varying degrees of the extremes in the middle. The Ft. Knox area has a good mix of both big hills and flat land. Not to mention you're close to Bardstown, Elizabethtown, and Louisville. And, about an hour and 15 minutes away from Lexington.
An expansion on the East...

If you're looking for work that pays better than minimum wage, stay far away.

The job market here is nil at best.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
Minimum wage! I'm goona pack up an head there now!
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM

Wesley R. Cole
Come down to my county, have 3-4 kids and get to live "The Magoffin Co. Dream!"

Out of curiosity, what made ya stop by the KY Chapter from somewhere in Alaska!?!?! (Stay around an BS with us if ya want!)

Old 11-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud04X View Post
I understand Bluegrass, KY has an Army Depot and that they may be looking to hire people like me in the future.
The Bluegrass Army Depot in Madison County has a chunk of the nation's chemical weapons stored there. They are working on a disposal system which should be in operation in the next 4-5 years.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 11-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Semper Fi MOFO!

Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
thronsonskip
Just browsing around! I wouldn't mind living in the bluegrass hills isn't that where they made that documentary 'hills have eyes'?
00EX7.3 powerstop rotors, coated calipers, pads, 6637 filter, FRX, HPX, cobalt gauges, riff raff boots/plenum inserts. alternator 1/30/2012 199226 miles. oil filter, pre&fuel filter 9/2014 226221 Miles. "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Old 11-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffieTrucker View Post
The Bluegrass Army Depot in Madison County has a chunk of the nation's chemical weapons stored there. They are working on a disposal system which should be in operation in the next 4-5 years.
Are you speaking of the Bluegrass Pipeline?
Old 11-05-2013, 08:26 PM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
Just browsing around! I wouldn't mind living in the bluegrass hills isn't that where they made that documentary 'hills have eyes'?
Hahahaha no...

BUT Wrong Turn was set in rural West Virginia....About 1 hr from me.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Kentucky Chapter Member

EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.EffieTrucker has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn View Post
Are you speaking of the Bluegrass Pipeline?
No, the Bluegrass Pipeline is for transporting Natural Gas Liquids from the Northeast US to the gulf region. I'm talking about the Bluegrass Army Depot, which stores somewhere in the neighborhood of 76,000 "nerve gas" rockets. They're building a facility to neutralize the active chemicals (mustard gas, sarin gas, etc)

They were originally going to incinerate them, but now they're going to neutralize them chemically. I think the facility is supposed to be operational in the mid to late 2010's.

Kentucky Chapter Member
Old 11-05-2013, 10:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter