Escape & Escape Hybrid Ford Escape, Ford Escape Hybrid, Mercury Mariner, Mazda Tribute

Letter from Roush Industries

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 11:27 AM
wptski
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Letter from Roush Industries

Anybody else in the Metro-Detroit area receive a letter lately from Roush Industries along with one from Ford about your Escape? A postcard is included to return with check boxes, one even if you decline asking for your reason.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...95/Roush_1.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21386595/Roush_2.pdf

They may not even want mine since it has less than 10K on it.

I found posts in other forums going back to 2005 sometimes offer $600. One wanted their Ford Cobra Mustang and offering a Taurus to drive. I found none that took the bait on the offer. Many didn't like the idea of them changing emission parts. I wonder how this might effect one's warranty?

Old 11-04-2013, 02:37 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 869 Likes on 721 Posts
Let's see... A loaner Fusion, $100 cash, two tanks of gas if you do it right, and a wash 'n vac for letting them test your vehicle on a dyno.

Nothing in the letters mention changing any parts. They say they are just going to do testing.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 489 Likes on 165 Posts
I got one last summer after I bought my truck. I declined, but only because I don't think they would have seen the humor in me hooking my trailers to their fusion. I sent the regrets card back stating I would need a comparable vehicle.
Roush is doing it for Ford, no way it would affect warranty. Roush does a lot of stuff behind the automotive scene for the oem's that most people don't know about. I would wager they make as much there as they do in performance and racing, if not more.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Well, IMHO, no I would not be of the mindset to allow Roush or many of the "High Profile" shops to do any testing on my personal vehicle unless I was planning on dumping it soon and just wanted to make a few $'s. There are well known horror stories even of Roush specific with "custom tuning" that was given to the owner "broken" (without going into details) and which no-one could ever get fixed.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:13 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are company would do this testing and when they where done the tires would be replaced due to the testing.They didnt really beat on the cars thay would run them straight shutting them off to refull only.They had all kinds os sensers to shut them down if something went wrong.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:10 PM
Beechkid
Received 207 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by bmuhlbach
Are company would do this testing and when they where done the tires would be replaced due to the testing.They didnt really beat on the cars thay would run them straight shutting them off to refull only.They had all kinds os sensers to shut them down if something went wrong.
Understood and agree, but, the testing has to involve some type of programming.....and Roush is no exception to creating issues with customers vehicles and then not being able to fix them........just a more recent example...

Roush Dyno Tune

Posted August 26, 2012

Bad situation-Need help! - Vintage Mustang Forums

To make an extremely long story short. I need someone to tell me who to talk to for help. I have posted several times and got a lot of help. Got my engine build finished in May. Ran great. Took it to Roush Racing for a tune. It is a 93, efi, 302 with several upgrades. Went to get it from Roush and the water hose had blown and torn up my brand new hood I just had painted. It can be fixed. Drove the car home and it would not start the next day. Finally found the adapter between the TPS and painless harness was missing. Fixed that. It would not idle consistently. Took it back to Roush. They said it was fixed. Went less than 1/2 mile and it was idling at 2500 rpm. Took it back. They were lost. Said to bring it back. Never did since I had no confidence in them. The head of the dyno room called someone else for advice. Took it to a friend who restores cars. He went back through all the wiring (Painless), changed IAC, changed to stock computer, and ran diagnostics. Never could get to idle consitently. Still between 1800 and 2500. Read the forums and found Pro Dyno in Rock Hill, SC to be one of the best. It has been there for 6 weeks now. Changed computers again, IAC, and TPS. Added FPA headers and Magnaflow 2 1/2 exhaust and retuned. Pulled over 300 rwhp, 330 torque and they told me to come and get it. I drove it around the block and it ran great. Was going to get gas across the street and it went crazy again. Then it would not start until I bled the fuel rail. It is still there and they are lost. Only suggestion is to start changing parts which are all new. It is now grounded to the frame=twice, battery, and body twice so it is not the ground. It could be coincidence but I have not been able to drive it anywhere since I took it to Roush in May. Pro Dyno is supposed to be the best and they are baffled. Only way they could get it to idle correctly was to disconnect IAC. I need help. I am totally disgusted. If you need to talk, PM me and I will give you all my personal contact info. Thanks for any help. I am out of options.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:46 PM
bmuhlbach
Cargo Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't think i'd lend them mine unless it was a problem child or I would make out if something did mess up.