Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Elder User

Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.
The Excursion is now rolling SWEET!

So after 5 days on jack stands and $1700 in parts and my labor, the Excursion is rolling smoothly, quietly and like the KING of the road it is!

It has been an adventure for sure! It all started with a rear locked up caliper that led to a whole bunch of parts and an angry wife. After riding in it last night she isn't angry any more.

I ended up redoing everything on both the front and rear axles. Ball Joints, Tie Rods, ceramic pads, calipers, hoses, hardware kits, hubs, bearings and seals, u joints.

I learned a lesson in vacuum operated 4x4 hubs. Had my faith restored in my fellow man a bit.

I did make a few new friend at the local dealer. I bought my seals from them and asked if they would be willing to install them if I carried the axles in. Surprisingly they agreed for 1 hr of labor. The tech actually took the time to talk to me about the ins and outs of what I was doing and gave pointers on how not to toast the new seal. They went in without an issue.

So after busting my butt working this week and busting my bank account, I have a huge smile on my face!!

BTW this forum made most of it possible by having all the information on the site that it does!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Elder User

Mr.Nobody is a name known to allMr.Nobody is a name known to allMr.Nobody is a name known to allMr.Nobody is a name known to allMr.Nobody is a name known to allMr.Nobody is a name known to all
Congrats on getting that all done, sounds like a ton of work for sure. Why was the wife all mad, did you break it doing something stupid? That's usually what happens to me, "hey, honey, watch this!". Then out come the ANGRY eyes.

2005 Ex. 6l w/'04 sticker on valve cover, FICM by Ed. Thanks USCG_PA for the CAC pipe!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Elder User

Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.Restlesswildman has a good reputation on FTE.
She was mad because we had set $ aside for the front end and an oil cooler/EGR delete. I ordered all the stuff except the delete kit. I still had enough for the delete, tuner, coolant filter and a few odds and ends that pop up when tearing into things.

With the unexpected rearend repair, I had to dip into the general fund and she was a little stressed.

Thank goodness we were not on a road trip!
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman View Post

I learned a lesson in vacuum operated 4x4 hubs. Had my faith restored in my fellow man a bit.
Clarify, please. Both points.

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs