Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow November All Topic/Off Topic Thread

HEY! I'm back from GITMO!

Old 11-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Steve Noland
Mountain Pass
Hey Jim, did I attend ASUB with you a few years back?

Old 11-02-2013, 06:22 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, another month.
Originally Posted by jimkidd
HEY! I'm back from GITMO!
Refresher course or recent grad?

And from last month's thread...
Originally Posted by cookie88
I haven't been able to find a ranch hand that will fit a grand marquis......
I was talking about for the truck. But hey, I like the way you think...unconventional! In that case...push bars off an interceptor should do the trick.
Originally Posted by 1996pwrstrk
Just imagine the upgrades to the front suspension that would require
I'm sure someone has already done it Dave. We are in Arkansas after all, there are lifted 4WD Crown Vic in parts of this state...if you know were to look.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:42 AM
jimkidd
Elder User
Originally Posted by Steve Noland
Hey Jim, did I attend ASUB with you a few years back?
It's possible.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM
TylerJ150
Senior User
It's not really mine, I'm not selling it, so I didn't think it needed to be in the classifieds but a heads up to any central Arkansas dentside guys, there's a gauge cluster in great shape(minus the clear cover) in a blue 73 f-100 in the back of the yard at Searcy Auto Salvage. I found it the other day getting parts and its laying in the seat in the sun so I'm sure the now solid back won't last too long. Somebody save it! Lol

Old 11-09-2013, 06:36 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Originally Posted by zhilton
We are in Arkansas after all, there are lifted 4WD Crown Vic in parts of this state...if you know were to look.

4x4 Crown Vic? Ive only seen lifted 2wd CVs & similar cars from the 80s-90s. Lifted to clear big wheels & small tires.

Old 11-09-2013, 06:47 AM
TylerJ150
Senior User
There was a lifted Taurus at Ravenden for a while lol

Old 11-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Mudslinger72315
Senior User
Good morning truckers!
Well, I got my turbos changed out over the weekend. Now, that was a job!!! But hey, I proved to my Dealer that they can be replaced without completely removing the cab. But, it was a PAIN IN THE RECTAL AREA!!! lol. Anyway, the bad news now is apparently while I was diving the truck home with the bad seal, my DPF, CAT of muffler, or all three have become clogged full of oil. I started it without the exhaust connected and it was fine, but when I hooked up the pipe under the truck and started it, there was a different whoosh from under the hood. I checked the tailpipe and not an ounce of air. Nodda! so, looks like tonight I will be pulling the exhaust and seeing if my pressure washer will open them up.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:31 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
4x4 Crown Vic? Ive only seen lifted 2wd CVs & similar cars from the 80s-90s. Lifted to clear big wheels & small tires.
There used to be a lifted 4WD late '70s Ranchero between Nashville & Deirks...thought it's been over 5 years since I've been down that way. It was right off Hwy 278 about 4-5 miles north of Nashville.
Originally Posted by Mudslinger72315
Well, I got my turbos changed out over the weekend. Now, that was a job!!! But hey, I proved to my Dealer that they can be replaced without completely removing the cab. But, it was a PAIN IN THE RECTAL AREA!!!
Glad to hear you got it out. Though that hair dryer can't be any worse than the ICP on the first generation 6.0L...under the turbo below the degas bottle.
Anyway, the bad news now is apparently while I was diving the truck home with the bad seal, my DPF, CAT of muffler, or all three have become clogged full of oil. I started it without the exhaust connected and it was fine, but when I hooked up the pipe under the truck and started it, there was a different whoosh from under the hood. I checked the tailpipe and not an ounce of air. Nodda! so, looks like tonight I will be pulling the exhaust and seeing if my pressure washer will open them up.
And some folks wonder why I have no plans on "upgrading" from my truck. I don't have one of those DPF, no DEF system and the kitty died on my truck years ago. I just hope someday I can snap a rod in my truck like the cool kids around here have done. I know I can keep up with them in the smoke department.

If it was me, I'd start with the DPF, if I'm not mistaken it's upstream of everything else on the 6.4L exhaust system. Thus it would be the one that took it on the nose with the flood of oil in the exhaust. I'm not saying you should do this...but there are some aftermarket "off road" exhaust systems that will deal with that DPF issue once and for all. Then get a little tuning and BINGO! Problem solved.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Mudslinger72315
Senior User
If it was me, I'd start with the DPF, if I'm not mistaken it's upstream of everything else on the 6.4L exhaust system. Thus it would be the one that took it on the nose with the flood of oil in the exhaust. I'm not saying you should do this...but there are some aftermarket "off road" exhaust systems that will deal with that DPF issue once and for all. Then get a little tuning and BINGO! Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, I would love to do the little delete, but I am out about $2000 for the turbos, so another $1000 is not really in my budget right now. I know one of the is stopped up. I went home today at lunch and started it up. The woosh I heard under the hood the first time I fired it up with the exhaust connected was it blowing the gaskets at the back of the turbo so that the exhaust had somewhere to go.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Yes sir, I would love to do the little delete, but I am out about $2000 for the turbos, so another $1000 is not really in my budget right now. I know one of the is stopped up. I went home today at lunch and started it up. The woosh I heard under the hood the first time I fired it up with the exhaust connected was it blowing the gaskets at the back of the turbo so that the exhaust had somewhere to go.
Well when the time comes...check with Clay at RiffRaff. I'm willing to beat a tank of diesel that you won't find a better price.

Jeff sure is keeping a low profile lately...wonder if that bum wing of his is getting worse? Speaking of whom...when I saw this on the side of the highway, I thought of him.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:45 PM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ An n/a 6.2? Really? And for the rest of the truck... er, vehicle, er, thing... WHY?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:07 PM
TylerJ150
Senior User
Originally Posted by lindstromjd
^^^ An n/a 6.2? Really? And for the rest of the truck... er, vehicle, er, thing... WHY?
Because rat rod lol

Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
I just realized I haven't posted in there at all this month..

And some folks wonder why I have no plans on "upgrading" from my truck. I don't have one of those DPF, no DEF system and the kitty died on my truck years ago.
And here I was thinking with your love of the environment and EPA that you would get a new cleaner 6.7.. I feel my lungs burning.. cough .. help me Obama
I just hope someday I can snap a rod in my truck like the cool kids around here have done. I know I can keep up with them in the smoke department.
You don't get into the cool kids club until you snap a crank!

Old 11-17-2013, 02:31 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I think we're truly going to pay for it this winter. It was in the mid 20s Tuesday/Wednesday last week. Now, here it is the 17th of November and it's crystal blue skies and 81F outside the house. We'll have eight feet of snow on the ground this year for sure.
Originally Posted by tojoski
And here I was thinking with your love of the environment and EPA that you would get a new cleaner 6.7.. I feel my lungs burning.. cough.. help me Obama
Says the guy that's part of the smoke belcher club. I tried join y'alls elite special hand shake boy band club...but everyone just laughed at me. Sniff, sniff...
Originally Posted by tojoski
You don't get into the cool kids club until you snap a crank!
Noted!

Quick Reply: November All Topic/Off Topic Thread