07 Navigator - L Backup Camera with Mirror - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
 

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Log In 


2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

07 Navigator - L Backup Camera with Mirror

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-30-2013, 10:25 PM
bshad74 bshad74 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
bshad74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
07 Navigator - L Backup Camera with Mirror

Hey guys,

First off my apology if this has been asked before. I have 07 Navigator L with navigation.

After all the research I found out that 07 Navigator requires an interface that allows the hookup of the rear view backup camera but that interface is hard found and very expensive and 50/50 like/dislike on the review.

The other cheaper/easier option is to go with rear view mirror. My question regarding this installation is that, my existing mirror has speakers and mic which is attached with Navigation or media.

How can replace the mirror and not loose media/mic functionality?
or is it even possible?
do I have to do away with media/mic function if I install this mirror?
Is there a video or instruction on camera and mirror installation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2013, 01:42 PM
RI-Matt's Avatar
RI-Matt RI-Matt is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
If I were you I would look into finding one of the stock ones that came on some 08 and up Navigators and Expeditions. My 08 Expy came stock with the rear view camera mirror and it houses the microphone for the navigation system too, so they did make them.


Matt
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2013, 04:31 PM
bshad74 bshad74 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
bshad74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RI-Matt View Post
If I were you I would look into finding one of the stock ones that came on some 08 and up Navigators and Expeditions. My 08 Expy came stock with the rear view camera mirror and it houses the microphone for the navigation system too, so they did make them.


Matt
Ah! I didn't know ford made it or if the vehicles came with it fctory installed. Now that I know I will check ebay or call the dealer.

Any idea on instruction on how to out it on along with the camera?

Regards,
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:49 AM
blackonsilver blackonsilver is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1
blackonsilver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshad74 View Post
Hey guys,

First off my apology if this has been asked before. I have 07 Navigator L with navigation.

After all the research I found out that 07 Navigator requires an interface that allows the hookup of the rear view backup camera but that interface is hard found and very expensive and 50/50 like/dislike on the review.

The other cheaper/easier option is to go with rear view mirror. My question regarding this installation is that, my existing mirror has speakers and mic which is attached with Navigation or media.

How can replace the mirror and not loose media/mic functionality?
or is it even possible?
do I have to do away with media/mic function if I install this mirror?
Is there a video or instruction on camera and mirror installation?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
have you looked into this product LINCOLN NAVIGATOR 2007-2008 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-01-2013, 02:39 PM
bshad74 bshad74 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
bshad74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RI-Matt View Post
If I were you I would look into finding one of the stock ones that came on some 08 and up Navigators and Expeditions. My 08 Expy came stock with the rear view camera mirror and it houses the microphone for the navigation system too, so they did make them.


Matt

Wow! I didn't realize these mirrors will be so expensive. On ebay, I found 2 or 3 in the range of $600 - $800.

There has to be a cheaper option out there....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 PM
bshad74 bshad74 is offline
New User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 5
bshad74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackonsilver View Post

Yes, I did come across it, the price is way out there for my budget.

Thanks for the link.

Regards,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 PM
RI-Matt's Avatar
RI-Matt RI-Matt is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshad74 View Post
Wow! I didn't realize these mirrors will be so expensive. On ebay, I found 2 or 3 in the range of $600 - $800.

There has to be a cheaper option out there....


Try:

Keep in mind this is just the mirror, you still need to wire it and need the actual camera mounted to the tailgate.


Matt
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sync Lockpick Install and Impressions - 2011 Superduty glsurratt Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics 2 05-22-2015 04:05 PM
Backup / Rear view cameras - what are you using? ShawnQ Excursion - King of SUVs 14 05-21-2015 05:29 PM
OEM Navigation and back up camera kdokey 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 0 03-17-2014 02:12 PM
rearview mirror "extras"? Blaiser Super Duty & Heavy Duty 5 04-15-2013 07:59 PM
Tips on installing mirror w/microphone rusty813 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 9 07-28-2011 03:58 PM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup