6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sync Apple Itouch Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 03:31 PM
CBBeaty
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync Apple Itouch Issue

My Itouch is hooked up via usb jack on the dash. 2012 F250 Lariat FX4 with Sync and Nav. For 8 months it worked fine even with voice commands. Lately it's trying to "index" the itouch and wouldn't play for over 3 weeks. I unplugged and replugged USB. I did a master reset. Nothing. Left unpluggd for 2 weeks and it worked last night. However, when you stop truck and come back later, Itouch does not start back up where it left off. Just says "unplayable media file" But you can manually choose a playlist from the nav screen and it plays. Voice commands are now "not available" for this device.

Any clues to fix?

Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Did you update it to iOS7? It could be a compatibility issue with the latest iOS release.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:01 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by CBBeaty
My Itouch is hooked up via usb jack on the dash. 2012 F250 Lariat FX4 with Sync and Nav. For 8 months it worked fine even with voice commands. Lately it's trying to "index" the itouch and wouldn't play for over 3 weeks. I unplugged and replugged USB. I did a master reset. Nothing. Left unpluggd for 2 weeks and it worked last night. However, when you stop truck and come back later, Itouch does not start back up where it left off. Just says "unplayable media file" But you can manually choose a playlist from the nav screen and it plays. Voice commands are now "not available" for this device.

Any clues to fix?
Hello CBBeaty,

Has the system exhibited any erratic behavior when using a different feature? My first suggestion would be to place a few song files on a blank USB thumb drive, then connect it with SYNC. This way there isn't much hardware or any firmware for SYNC to contend with, which is useful when troubleshooting USB-related issues. See if the system is able to play music a bit more reliably from the thumb drive and that would be a good indication of where the issue might be.

Antonio

Old 10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Romeo Scorpion
Senior User
Mine did that with my iPad Touch a few months ago. Tried 'Master Reset' but that didn't help. Finally I disconnected the batteries for about 10 minutes. That fixed it!

Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
I have an iPod up under the dash. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

My iPhone though always connects with BT for music, and I wish it didn't.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by porthole
I have an iPod up under the dash. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

My iPhone though always connects with BT for music, and I wish it didn't.
Hi porthole,

A simple step to take to improve overall functionality would be to soft reset your iPod: How to reset iPod

The above will address most connection hiccups without doing anything major. In regards to your second statement, do you mean to say that you would prefer to play music on your iPhone via USB, as opposed to using Bluetooth? Please clarify.

Antonio

Old 10-31-2013, 11:16 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi porthole,

A simple step to take to improve overall functionality would be to soft reset your iPod: How to reset iPod

The above will address most connection hiccups without doing anything major. In regards to your second statement, do you mean to say that you would prefer to play music on your iPhone via USB, as opposed to using Bluetooth? Please clarify.

Antonio
My iPod is buried up under the dash, not easy to get to. Resetting though in the past did not help.

As to the phone, I would prefer it only connect via BT for the phone. I do not need or want to he phone to automatically start playing music every time the phone syncs.

Even though I am only listening to the radio, the phone will start the music player ever time I start the truck.

My iPod has all of my music on the pod.

My iPhone has the music synced with iCLoud, which means I either need a wifi connection or I am using data to stream the music.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:25 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

My iPod is buried up under the dash, not easy to get to. Resetting though in the past did not help.

As to the phone, I would prefer it only connect via BT for the phone. I do not need or want to he phone to automatically start playing music every time the phone syncs.

Even though I am only listening to the radio, the phone will start the music player ever time I start the truck.

My iPhone has the music synced with iCLoud, which means I either need a wifi connection or I am using data to stream the music.
Hello,

Would you be opposed to PM'ing your VIN? I'd like to look into this a littler deeper. Do you recall the last time your SYNC software was updated?

Antonio

Old 10-31-2013, 12:53 PM
lwk362393
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have the same issues regarding the bluetooth streaming. Pretty annoying since you can't disable A2DP on an iPhone.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:40 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hello,

Would you be opposed to PM'ing your VIN? I'd like to look into this a littler deeper. Do you recall the last time your SYNC software was updated?

Antonio
VIN PM'd

Have not had any success trying to update the software, in either my truck or my Wife's Lincoln MKX.

Have tried two brand new USB sticks, one dedicated for each vehicle.

Mentioned it to the dealer one time and all they wanted to do was the $200 GPS update.
And as to that GPS update - way - way overpriced. I will never spend that kind of money for what amounts to mostly POI updates.

Thanks in advance,
Duane

Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

VIN PM'd

Have not had any success trying to update the software, in either my truck or my Wife's Lincoln MKX.

Have tried two brand new USB sticks, one dedicated for each vehicle.

Mentioned it to the dealer one time and all they wanted to do was the $200 GPS update.
And as to that GPS update - way - way overpriced. I will never spend that kind of money for what amounts to mostly POI updates.

Thanks in advance,
Duane
Duane,
You posted your information on our profile wall, where it has been received. Your VIN is considered Personally Identifiable Information (PII) though, so we don't want that to be put anywhere public if we can help it. I've requested the post be removed, in case you aren't able to delete it yourself. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Your VIN revealed that there may be a software update solution available, but your dealership would need to determine if this can be applied. Software updates include an overall functional improvement to system capabilities, so it's important to verify that there aren't any more recent versions available when encountering any hiccups or glitches. We would have to verify that the system software is in its best form before the root issue can be effectively determined.

Antonio