Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Kentucky Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Kentucky Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: SideWinder4.9l

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Skipper of the KY Chapter

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Exclamation 2014 KY Chapter Meet Schedule

Guys, I'm going to be honest: We need more meets.

I know it is impossible to make every meet; And we all understand that. But surely attending 1-2 meets a year isn't a bank breaker.

Here's the seasonal lineup so far, and fuel aside, its all $30.00 or less.

Spring 2014:

-Bud's Shooting Gallery in Lexington, KY*
-Friday Night Test & Tune @ Clay City Dragstrip, Clay City, KY**

Summer 2014:

-Riffraff Diesel East Event*** (Every 3rd weekend in July) @ Newport, TN

Fall 2014:
-Boonesborough National Car Show @ Boonesborough, KY (2nd weekend of September)
-Thoroughbred Diesel's Dyno Day Event (October)***

*-Must be 18+ to rent a firearm
**-Test & Tune all night: $25.00 for 1 car/ 1driver, and spectators are $5.00/each. There are public restrooms and a small foodstand on site. They sell soda, chips, burgers, etc.

***- Ford-Trucks.com site sponsors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the tentative Meet Schedule for 2014. Ken (effie_trucker) made mention of hosting another meet, and is 20 minutes or less driving time from Clay City Dragstrip. This will be totally up to him ifhe wants/can arrange for a meet that coincides with a Test & Tune night.

19.31 E/T @ 68.78mph in a 1/4 mile
Old 10-28-2013, 02:50 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.Riffraff Performance has a spectacular reputation.
/pages/Riffraff-Diesel/103160771064 riffraffdiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l View Post
Guys, I'm going to be honest: We need more meets.

I know it is impossible to make every meet; And we all understand that. But surely attending 1-2 meets a year isn't a bank breaker.

Here's the seasonal lineup so far, and fuel aside, its all $30.00 or less.

Spring 2014:

Summer 2014:

Fall 2014:
-Boonesborough National Car Show @ Boonesborough, KY (2nd weekend of September)
-Truckstock 2014 (Invitation only/At the discretion of Shane)
-Thoroughbred Diesel's Dyno Day Event (October)***
-Riff Raff Diesel's "Judgement Day" event***

*-Must be 18+ to rent a firearm
**-Test & Tune all night: $25.00 for 1 car/ 1driver, and spectators are $5.00/each. There are public restrooms and a small foodstand on site. They sell soda, chips, burgers, etc.

***- Ford-Trucks.com site sponsors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the tentative Meet Schedule for 2014. Ken (effie_trucker) made mention of hosting another meet, and is 20 minutes or less driving time from Clay City Dragstrip. This will be totally up to him ifhe wants/can arrange for a meet that coincides with a Test & Tune night.
It would be great if you guys want to come, but ours is Riffraff East Event and it is always the 3rd weekend in July every year in Newport, TN. The judgement day event is probably Thoroughbred.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:40 PM

SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.SideWinder4.9l has a spectacular reputation.
Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance View Post
It would be great if you guys want to come, but ours is Riffraff East Event and it is always the 3rd weekend in July every year in Newport, TN. The judgement day event is probably Thoroughbred.

I will change the schedule to reflect this, thanks for the info!!

Old 10-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
I'm glad you posted this Wes. It'll give some folks ideas just what's going on in and around Ky. I believe there's also a diesel event in Bowling Green in late summer if I remember correctly.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:50 AM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn View Post
I'm glad you posted this Wes. It'll give some folks ideas just what's going on in and around Ky. I believe there's also a diesel event in Bowling Green in late summer if I remember correctly.
No problem John! Just coming through on what we dicussed in the business portion of the meet.

I was contacted by a couple people, who apparently thought the meet was at Kory's, and all I can say is this; Please drop by the Chapter, spend 5 minutes looking around and I guarantee you will know when and where the meets are happening, at least a few days in advance at the very least.

I contacted SteveBricks and had this stickied since it is an entire years itenerary (Thanks Steve!) and now its one of the first things you see as you enter the KY Chapter.

Also another notation on meets: You can count on there being at least a 30 minute business portion at each one; But to get your input considered you HAVE TO ATTEND REGULARLY. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

I will be putting a KY Chapter Business folder together to keep up with business meetings, meet listing, contact info's, etc in a central position. It will be strictly confidential for people's privacy, but it will help keep things organized.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:56 AM

Wesley R. Cole
Also, this list will be continuously refined and new info added. What has been listed was simply to "Throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks."

From here on out, lets keep this thread as short;yet informative as possible. If you have any info on happenings in/around KY, please PM them to me and I will update the list as soon as possible.

Also, there's going to be 2 lists:

1.) The 2014 Meet Schedule (To list actual meets you can attend)
2.) Happenings in/around KY (things that we can make a meet of, or you can take your families, etc to.)

Just to make things simple and keep it straight.

Also, there will be participation certificates, and a "Most miles driven to attend" certificate for the next meet. And if all works well, a free decal with the MMTA certificate!

Old 12-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Freshman User

KentuckyRifle is starting off with a positive reputation.
anyone interested in meeting in/around western KY like BG or father west?

I wish my old ford got better than 8mpg hwy or else I would be all over Lex area
Old 04-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Freshman User

wardogjohn is starting off with a positive reputation.

Hey everybody.
I'm new on here. Would love to attend some meetings. The name is John. Please let me know the exact date you're planning on meeting since I'm out of state most of the month. I'm from BG by the way.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Post Fiend

CampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputationCampSpringsJohn has a superb reputation
I guess with me, driving isn't that big a deal. But it is for some guys. Bardstown is a great town if you haven't been there. Lots of history there. Not to mention I think they have some bourbon around there too!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:34 AM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
I guess with me, driving isn't that big a deal. But it is for some guys. Bardstown is a great town if you haven't been there. Lots of history there. Not to mention I think they have some bourbon around there too!!!
Too bad we couldn't have lived in a smaller state. I hate to ask people to drive 1-5 hours and put $100+ in fuel alone, to randomly meet people half a state away.

Lexington is a good 2 hours/100-ish miles 1 way for me, and honestly, is about $40 in fuel for the round trip.

Basically, what I'm saying is, I can't blame people, when I barely have the extra to cover the cost of a meet myself.

Old 05-08-2014, 07:26 AM
Post Fiend

I know what you're saying Wes. When I was 25 to 30, there was very little I could afford to do.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:25 AM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
I know what you're saying Wes. When I was 25 to 30, there was very little I could afford to do.
I'm willing to travel for a meet, but prefer to have more than 2 people actually attend.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Freshman User

wardogjohn is starting off with a positive reputation.
maybe I'm just not seeing it but there are no dates. Buds gun warehouse, fantastic. been there a lot, but without a date I don't know when you'll meet.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:37 AM

Wesley R. Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardogjohn View Post
maybe I'm just not seeing it but there are no dates. Buds gun warehouse, fantastic. been there a lot, but without a date I don't know when you'll meet.
We haven't gotten to have a meet this year :/

It was more of a list of POTENTIAL meets, than actual meet dates.

Old 11-21-2014, 11:02 PM
New User

71Nky is starting off with a positive reputation.
Somerset is also a good place to meet.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:02 PM