This is my first Ford vehicle and the plan is to RESTOre and MODify it a bit.
My Dad and I picked it up for $650.
It was pretty complete, except no interior, door glass and a few other odds and ends.
Had a Pontiac or Buick motor swapped in at some point, we scrapped that and are going with a Chevy 350/TH350 combo
The cab had a couple stress cracks that I patched up, but all in all it's a fairly solid platform to start with.
All things considered, the frame was in excellent shape for its age.
This is the Ballistic Fab diff cover for the rear 8.8, I cleaned it up and clear coated it
Rebuilt TH350 3 speed automatic transmission
Ford blue, Chevy 350 motor
3" lowering springs all around
scored 5 of these wheels off Craigslist for $100
Rear axle is out of a mid 90s Explorer, 4.10s, limited slip, and disc brakes
Using Ruff Stuff Specialties narrow perches and spring plates for the swap
I'm going with a ratrod theme with this build so for the firewall I patched some random holes "rat" style then clear coated over the entire thing.
Gives it a kind of industrial look.
This is how it's currently sitting, work is limited to weekends at the moment so it feels a little slow going but progress is progress
Ok I was thinking about the short & smooth, but I havenīt made up my mind yet. The Posies are a bit more expensive?
Are you happy soo far with the posies
I'm not familiar with the short and smooths, but so far I'm happy with the posies, they seem well made and the price seemed competitive with other similar springs. I picked mine up from Speedway Motors.
I was debating whether to go with the mono leafs or multi leafs and decided on the multi I guess because I wanted more adjustability in height.
I feel like the rear is a little tall still but I can always pull a leaf or two later on.
made a patch for the fuel filler hole, i'm going to run a fuel cell in the bed, but with a twist, stay tuned for that
also you can see where i took a big wire wheel to the cab floor and firewall, eventually going to paint it and dynamat
the crap out of it so i don't have the steel drum effect going on when it's up and running
patched a section of the cab as well, had a few holes rusted through it
this was the old master cylinder reservoir access hole in the floor, going with a firewall mounted unit