Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM
New User

cortec is starting off with a positive reputation.
Block Heater

I have a 2011 F-150 with a 5.0 V8 and am in need of a block heater. Who makes an aftermarket heater that can be installed in this truck. I expect to see lows as low as -50.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Elder User

Turbo Dog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Turbo Dog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I used one of the lower radiator hose style heaters on my older truck...it didn't do anything but warm up the area around it. The engine and radiator didn't warm up.

So I would suggest only using the stlye the goes into one of the freeze plugs...might even need one per side.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:21 PM

meborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud ofmeborder has much to be proud of
Welcome to the forum!

I'd take a good look behind the front bumper, you should have one. the 5.0 is e85 compatible and one should have been installed as standard equipment.

if, for some reason, you do not have one, i would go to the ford dealer to get a factory unit. you would be hard pressed to find one of better quality in the aftermarket.

back when i sold parts we sold "Kat's" brand heaters, and they were very good, but i from what i can tell the factory units are quite a bit better.

good luck.....
-50 ... brrrr.
i've gone to work in -29, and that was cold enough .... -50 -- yowza!!!!
Be yourself - Always ... Unless you can be Batman, then Always be Batman
Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 PM
Postmaster

sammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud ofsammy77 has much to be proud of
Depending on where the truck was sold, you may have one already. Why not purchase from Ford? On the 5.0, I have heard of the install involving dropping the front axle.
'05 F350 6.0 SOLD Problem Free..
Old 10-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Senior User

ddbck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It should be $180 - $230 for the part & install at dealership. The aftermarket heater plugs are ok but a bitch to put in. The OEM heater is better. If it stays that cold you should think about a "Husky heater pad" as well. I had them on the oil pan & tranny on my diesels. we get sustained cold here in Wyoming too.
SNORKEL TUBE MOD
MIRROR REFLECTOR BLINKER MOD
COSTUM TUNES by 5 STAR TUNING
Old 10-21-2013, 03:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150