Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 PM
Senior User

Grappler150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Roush non intercooled sc and custom tune question

I found a non intercooled roush supercharger for my 2005 f150 5.4 used for a reasonable price, it includes everything except the custom tune. My question is where do i get a tune to make this compatible with my f150 and not mess up the computer? Thanks for any info, sorry if this should be in the tune/program section i wasnt really sure which one i should post in.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.RIKIL has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grappler150 View Post
I found a non intercooled roush supercharger for my 2005 f150 5.4 used for a reasonable price, it includes everything except the custom tune. My question is where do i get a tune to make this compatible with my f150 and not mess up the computer? Thanks for any info, sorry if this should be in the tune/program section i wasnt really sure which one i should post in.
If you want to just get one tune and not change it, then I'd suggest take it to a dyno shop and have them make a tune and burn it to a chip. Otherwise, if you want to start with a base tune and be able to change it, then you will need to get a tuner compatible with your computer. For gas motors I would not suggest getting a tune that wasn't made specifically for your truck. They are out there, just avoid them.
Red, 1992 F150, 351W, E4OD, Vortech V-2 Si trim blower, Snow Performance water/meth injection system, custom cam, Edelbrock Performer intake, Twisted Wedge 205cc heads, shorty full-length headers, MASS Air (converted), tuning with QuarterhorseRT, 4x4, short bed, 33" tires
Old 04-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Elder User

Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Troyer Performance in the authority in roush charged f150...FTEken when he was on here turned me on to them and I've ordered the mail order tune for my 05 non intercooled roush and they have been so helpful it isn't even funny. I wouldn't get it from anyone else. they cost more than most but you get so much more. They don't have the biggest name out there but what ever name they have is because of sc f150's. roush's tune that comes with it is crazy conservative. Anything under 1/3 throttle and the boost bypass valve is open. they adjust everything from timing to fuel curve and on and on. You will notice some top end performance but the bottom end makes it drive like a different truck it feels like its got an extra 50hp.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Senior User

Grappler150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the information, but the guy sold the SC before I could get to it. Right now as I post this I'm ordering the SCT X4 handheld tuner for my 05.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Supercharger, Turbocharger, Nitrous Oxide & Water/Methanol Injection