1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Where can I get bigger injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
I live in redneck middle of nowhere with a real easy goin police force, but I know the highway patrolmen would be all over pulling a guy over with a hood stack. It is a law here to have a muffler, but its never checked or enforced. If you have a hood stack, well, I don't think you'd be getting away with that. May want to make sure your state doesn't have a muffler law.

Old 02-21-2014, 04:51 PM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 183 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by fordpride
Jim do yiu know the sniper guy ?if so can his work be trusted ?
Just for the fact that he's selling on eBay I'd say it can.
I HAVE to bring this thread back up.

We just finished helping a Sniper Customer. This guy got hosed good from Sniper. I'm not one to trash on another company, but this guy is a joke and cannot be trusted. Anyone thinking about any of his products need smacked on the head.
Basics: Customer ordered 238/80% Hybrids, sent them to me to ensure he was getting what he paid for, never ran them in his truck yet. What he got was 1 injector had a Hybrid P&B and a used 80% nozzle. The other 7 injectors had used and worn out AA P&B's and new 80% nozzles (makes them just Stage-2's). There was also 2 used nozzle springs and the tolerances on top were all screwed up. Even if he had Hybrid P&B's they would not have flowed close to 238 cc.
The Pistons were cut on a lathe with a dull tool, horrible quality machining, and they were .010" from highest to lowest. We try to get them from .0005" - .001" variation. His would have been off probably 10 cc at high rpm test with just those pistons.
Think these 8 would flow well together?
Not to mention paying for new parts and getting total junk.

Just had to let everyone know.

'17 6.7 F-250 KR ccsb 4x4
Old 02-21-2014, 06:15 PM
stainlessstroker95
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope he got his money back.

Old 02-21-2014, 06:50 PM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DZL JIM

We just finished helping a Sniper Customer. This guy got hosed good from Sniper. I'm not one to trash on another company, but this guy is a joke and cannot be trusted. Anyone thinking about any of his products need smacked on the head.
Basics: Customer ordered 238/80% Hybrids, sent them to me to ensure he was getting what he paid for, never ran them in his truck yet. What he got was 1 injector had a Hybrid P&B and a used 80% nozzle. The other 7 injectors had used and worn out AA P&B's and new 80% nozzles (makes them just Stage-2's). There was also 2 used nozzle springs and the tolerances on top were all screwed up. Even if he had Hybrid P&B's they would not have flowed close to 238 cc.
The Pistons were cut on a lathe with a dull tool, horrible quality machining, and they were .010" from highest to lowest. We try to get them from .0005" - .001" variation. His would have been off probably 10 cc at high rpm test with just those pistons.

Jim, I don't think anyone here would think different of you for shedding light on this vendor. I know we have spoken a couple times and you have taken more time than necessary to answer all my question or offer advice. And I've spent a whopping 5 bucks with your company. Everyone that has bought sticks from you speaks very highly of the quality. There is a reason for that. Unfortunately for this customer that you speak of, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good info Jim!
I never worry about customer service regarding injectors because I will be coming to you. lol
x2 what Todd said. I haven't spent $ with Jim, but he's always been friendly and helpful.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:47 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 389 Likes on 266 Posts
It just kills me.my truck runs fine...327000 mi. I bad want to send mine to jim for a stage I treatment...I know absolutely no history before 264000mi. I could scrape together budjet build money but the unknown and possibility of needing premium builds just keeps me stock I guess..sucks being an adult.

Old 02-22-2014, 06:15 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by stainlessstroker95
I hope he got his money back.
He's had the injectors for months I guess and has recently learned other Sniper customers with issues, and didn't want to have a problem with a new engine now going into his truck. He's working with his credit card bank in hopes of some sort of protection.

I didn't post to try to get more sales. I speak highly of several of my competitors, there's lots of work for all of us. But lots of people are attracted to price alone, and they need to know about this guy.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:02 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 516 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by DZL JIM

OH OH....Maybe we just found the problem with my son's eaqrly 99 F450 he picked up for cheap. I seemed to be low on power so began to check things out. Compression checked out, injectors had 6 remans and 2 originals, cylinder contribution showed 2 abnormal, so decided to get the injectors all gone threw with a stock rebuild. We live in the middle of no where, and this guy is around 200 miles from us, so decided to try him. The son called and talked to him, and he seemed very well informed, and helpfull. He was informed that the injectors would be worked on as soon as they were received, and would have a week turn around. After a week and 1/2 my son called to see if the injectors had been sent and was told they weren't done as his flow bench had been messed up from power loss from the big blizzard we had in early Oct. The injectors had been sent to him just before the storm so the story seemed plausable. When the injectors were reinstalled, still same low power, and have been looking at oil, fuel and things of that nature. Finally installed a Power Hungry chip and got some results. After reading this, maybe the injectors are the problem. I get quite a little stuff of EBay, and never have been burned. This guy had a good rep on there, and I couldn't find any negative things about him. Live and learn I guess.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:52 AM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Difficult to say. So far there are not a whole lot of threads about unhappy customers of his. I have no clue how many sets he did, but it appears he's not even in business anymore and maybe he just gave up towards the end.
If your set was done when he actually cared about what he was doing, maybe they are OK and there's a different problem within your truck.
It's really a tough call....

Old 02-24-2014, 06:22 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, I would be very very unhappy. If he is out of business out doubt he will get his money back without a lawsuit.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:29 AM
tshrager
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Wow, I would be very very unhappy. If he is out of business out doubt he will get his money back without a lawsuit.
Even with a lawsuit what's the point? Unless you have a lawyer friend that's willing to work pro bono, it's not worth the time or money to recoup a thousand bucks. Don't get me wrong, that's a chunk of change, but not once lawyers are involved.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Probably have to file a claim in small claims court and go w/o a lawyer.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:48 AM
dclack
Fleet Mechanic
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Probably have to file a claim in small claims court and go w/o a lawyer.
I don't think Judge Judy would know what a HEUI is!

Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 AM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
LOL, that would be an episode worth watching!

Old 02-25-2014, 01:59 PM
DZL JIM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
His only chance is with a helpful credit card/bank rep.

On a sort of related note, I just lost a credit card chargeback claim. I just found out last week, after 4 months of fighting with my cc provider, that my customer stole the card from someone and bought my injectors using the stolen card. The card owner fought the purchase and won, now I am out a set of injectors and $2070 and there's not a dam thing I can do. The Sheriff said credit card fraud is commonplace and I'll probably never see anything, that's IF they find time to deal with it.

No point dealing with lawyers and small claims court as that's usually a waste of time in the end, too.

Quick Reply: Where can I get bigger injectors?