Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Freshman User

Grist Bros is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCMK View Post
Shifting out of 4hi is a good idea before taking the turn onto the return road. Sent from my mind thanks to the Internet and an app.
Thanks! I'll do that next time, although it never complained.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Avid Winter Hater

MisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputationMisterCMK has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist Bros View Post
Thanks! I'll do that next time, although it never complained.
If it is soft you probably didn't feel anything but I always felt the binding when turning get off with it in 4hi.

Sent from my mind thanks to the Internet and an app.
Hope & A Prayer Motorsports
Old 10-19-2013, 11:19 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRizz View Post
Edit: Stuart confirmed what I thought.
....sigh....

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Stewart Click the image to open in full size.
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post
What a great story, thanks for sharing. Does your tune negate the 100mph speed lumit? You are about out of steam otherwise. Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup
The SCT X3 allows you to raise the speed limit, but I haven't touched it.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:50 AM
Senior User

MikeRizz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
....sigh....

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Stewart Click the image to open in full size.
My apologies.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRizz View Post
My apologies.
LOL, it's all good, you aren't the Lone Ranger, I'm sure it will happen again. It just seems to be happening more often recently.

Besides, you gave me a perfect excuse to break out some different smilies!

I figure my user name would really keep it from happening, or when I sign my name to every post, but it doesn't.

Maybe I should sign each post in oversized font, eh?

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-20-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Elder User

1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold1 Excursion camper is a splendid one to behold
As far as the speed limiter goes. You can have no limit if you like with SCT X3. Although pushing 90 mph in the X as heavy as it is it feels light at 90! Maybe it's just me.

Enjoying Silver Lake Sand Dunes!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Posting Guru

kornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant futurekornfanjoe has a brilliant future
kornfanjoe kornfanjoe
I've had my truck up to 220 km (136mph) and it handled very well. As long as you keep steering components tight it handles very well

Bulletproofed, emissions defiant, 4" turbo back cat delete, edge insight gauges, srl+ tune, F650 dash, blue interior dash light conversion, bumper bar, big stereo and a whole lot of awesome
Dyno'd at 407 RWHP 802 RWTQ!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Sounds like fun, GB. Get that Stang running better and race against your wife. Let her win every once in a while. You'll want her support when you break out the checkbook to go even quicker. You'll be able to run high 13s when you get your routine down with your setup. More than that and it'll cost you some coin. Have fun!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist Bros View Post
The SCT X3 allows you to raise the speed limit, but I haven't touched it.
I'm sure Matt tuned out the limiter on the SRL. My stock limit is 93 mph. Your trap speeds are consistent with your rig.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_04_x View Post
I'm sure Matt tuned out the limiter on the SRL. My stock limit is 93 mph. Your trap speeds are consistent with your rig.
Probably so, I just haven't reached the limit yet, so that's good The fastest I've had it is at the track.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfanjoe View Post
I've had my truck up to 220 km (136mph) and it handled very well. As long as you keep steering components tight it handles very well
Yes, mine handled the speed well. It does need ball joints though!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Posting Guru

BarnieTrk is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BarnieTrk is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfanjoe View Post
WOW!!! I'd bet it would roll for quite a ways if it was to blow a front tire out at 136 mph!

Without a significant rollbar installed, I'm too leary to get up over 90 mph... Running an Ex that fast gets a whole lot of Metal n' Motion!

BarnieTrk
Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Senior User

nzirbel has a good reputation on FTE.nzirbel has a good reputation on FTE.
That's prettty awesome. There's a guy here that drags his Cummins 4x4 Dually. His last run was 12.08@112mph with a 1.6@60'. It's far from stock and is great to see peoples jaws drop when something that big goes that fast!

Chicks dig scars.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:06 PM