Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Elder User

Turbo Dog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Turbo Dog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Side awning for a topper

After sleeping in the topper on the back of my F150 we found the only problem is with rain. The topper slightly slopes inwards towards the roof on the sides so that when ever one of the windows is open it will let rain in.

I've been thinking about adding something like a Yakima rack system to the topper and I've been looking for an RV style roll out awning that I could use. At the RV stores the shortest are about 12 ft and that is probably too long for a 6.5' bed. Now I found one but I don't know if it's any good...has anyone used a Rhino Rack Sunseeker Awning or know of another?

Rhino Rack Sunseeker Canopies and Awnings, Outdoor Awning

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Elder User

Turbo Dog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Turbo Dog is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I also found this style but it only connects with a magnetic stip. I don't think that would hold on well if there was much wind.

Tailgator Sunshade Portable Canopy

Old 10-15-2013, 10:30 AM