Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Senior User

Limoguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Best Wiper Blade Siize Needed?

My blades are talking back every time I turn them on. Saying,"replace me" over & over. My DW is complaining also. Now is the time for all good husbands to heed the call.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i'm running 24" rain-ex wipers on both sides and i'm overall happy with them.
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
I use the Bosch Icon... I prefer the 24" on drivers side and a 23" on the passenger side. I've also used the rain-ex latitudes but I find that our strong sun down here kills them in no time. Just my .02

Oh, the reason why I use a 23" on the passenger side is because of the curve of our windshields.
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 320 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 10-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLarge View Post
I use the Bosch Icon... I prefer the 24" on drivers side and a 23" on the passenger side. I've also used the rain-ex latitudes but I find that our strong sun down here kills them in no time. Just my .02

Oh, the reason why I use a 23" on the passenger side is because of the curve of our windshields.
x2 for me.... but havnt tried the 23" wiper mod.....

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 180k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 96K miles (wifey's)
Old 10-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
i dont mine the small section is misses on the very end of the pass side because it gives that extra inch on the rest of the window.
2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 10-15-2013, 02:01 AM
Senior User

MURDOMINO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'll take this info to the store tomorrow. Bought my Ex and living in Los Angeles, i didnt even bother checking to see if they worked haha. Gonna go off-road here in the next few weeks and need to make sure they not only will work but wont scratch up the winshield too!
1972 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, 6.75L v8 32k miles!
1971 Ford F250, 360 V8 64k original miles.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 AM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
Geese. I thought I went large with 22's front, 18" rear.

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 10-15-2013, 03:50 AM
Senior User

GermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to behold
Yep.....24" driverside and 23" passenger side works best. First I use a complete Set of 24" but this look a bit odd on the passenger side due the window curve.
4x4, V10 Wedgewood Met.,Y-Pipe,Stainless Headers, Custom Catback,K&N CAI,33"x16" OEM,Blacked Out Taillights,NFab Nerfbars,HeadUp Display, 24"/23"/18"Wiper Mod,Increased 2nd row Legroom,Fumoto Valve,EBC Dimpled/Slotted w. Yellow St. F/R,SS-Teflon Brake Lines
6" LIFT IN THE REAR
Old 10-15-2013, 05:06 AM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanMike View Post
Yep.....24" driverside and 23" passenger side works best. First I use a complete Set of 24" but this look a bit odd on the passenger side due the window curve.

Be sure to include wiper mod in your signature line.

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 AM
Senior User

AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by housedad View Post
I think it was 18" I tried on the rear but had to go back to stock. The wiper kept knocking the rubber grommet for the wiper fluid hose out of the glass. I thought I had also put larger on the front, but I just measured the other day and they were both 20". I was thinking of either 22" or 24" next time I replace them.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Junior User

2SONS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.2SONS is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you all for this discussion. I needed new wipers, so after reading this I purchased 24 in blades for the front and a 17 in blade for the rear. What a difference! The usable space on my windshield is much larger now!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:40 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by housedad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewWV View Post
I think it was 18" I tried on the rear but had to go back to stock. The wiper kept knocking the rubber grommet for the wiper fluid hose out of the glass. I thought I had also put larger on the front, but I just measured the other day and they were both 20". I was thinking of either 22" or 24" next time I replace them.
I went with 22s on the '01, but had to stick with the 16 inch wiper on the rear window. Like AndrewWV, it kept hitting the rubber grommet for the winsheild wiper fluid.

However, in light of this new information, I may do what everyone else is doing and go with 24 on the driver side and 23 on the passenger side.
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Studded, Deleted, Flo-Pro'd, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood, sweat, and tears by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 AM
is a BAAAD MAN

Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
I have 24's in the front and they work perfect. I couldn't remember what size it took last time I swapped them so I measured before I bought them. twenty fo's
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Senior User

GermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to beholdGermanMike is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Be sure to include wiper mod in your signature line.
. I would.....if I could. Im not a supporter yet, so this signature is limited....but thanks for your warm words. .
4x4, V10 Wedgewood Met.,Y-Pipe,Stainless Headers, Custom Catback,K&N CAI,33"x16" OEM,Blacked Out Taillights,NFab Nerfbars,HeadUp Display, 24"/23"/18"Wiper Mod,Increased 2nd row Legroom,Fumoto Valve,EBC Dimpled/Slotted w. Yellow St. F/R,SS-Teflon Brake Lines
6" LIFT IN THE REAR
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Signatures are the same for everyone, supporters and non-supporters alike.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs