Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Motorcycle Chatter

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 10:58 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been sssOOOOOooo outta the loop 'round here for the past few months but, my lil motorcycle rental business is finally up and running in Friday Harbor. I use the same online reservation system as the big kids (Harley, Eagle Rider & etc.) so, if your coming to the islands and have your M/C endorsement, walk onto the ferry to Friday Harbor. When you arrive just walk up from the ferry landing about a block to 25 Nichols St. (on the corner of A st.) and pick up your ride. Check it out here:U-Ride Motorcycle Rentals
I'm been straight out without a day off for the past 6 months getting this pig to fly while still running my other motorcycle service business (Beast Powersports). I think a need a beer or three.
Capt'n

U-Ride Motorcycle Rentals in Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Wa. U-Ride Motorcycle Rentals

Old 06-22-2015, 11:11 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
On another note, as long as I'm here posting, I've also been busy with organizing a poker run coming up next week here on San Juan Island. Below is the flyer. I co-founded this group here on San Juan Is. and now the B4O organization has chapters in a 11 countries around the world who, simultaneously host a motorcycle event in their part of the world on June, 28th. Proceeds go to Ocranet on Whidbey that is a 501-c non profit to provide funds to safely transport, feed and provide veterinary care for released captive Orca's now that their on the endangered species list. Remember, most of these critters where caught locally here in the Salish Sea. Com'on and join us next weekend if ya can.
Capt'n
Disclaimer: Just so ya know, I don't hug trees or chew on granola bars...but, I have have been guilty, and rightly so, of shameless self promotion.
Void where prohibited....certain restrictions may apply.
Capt'n

The B4O Poker Run on San Juan Island.
www.sjibikers4orcas.wordpress.com

Old 06-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by lee00
8 hrs in the saddle yesterday... really thinking its time to go back to the crusier market... this sport touring....standard set up was killing me....
I'll be 60 this year....I feel yer pain.

Capt'n

Old 06-23-2015, 10:41 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Next time we are in Seattle we are definitely coming to see you! Riding the island would be so cool.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:04 AM
Captain 'Murica
Junior User
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Welcome to our lil end of the world.
Especially to another Captain who is also from the South ( I'm a Cracker myself ). I don't have a Victory in my stable.....yet but, Polaris has been making a fine machine for awhile now and I wouldn't mind having at least one.
Capt'n
Thanks Capt'n. When I get home I should be in the area for at least another 6 months or so before I move again. I have been wanting to get up to the San Juans since we moved there it just hasn't worked out yet. I'm going to have to take some time off and make it work.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:07 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by thomabb
Next time we are in Seattle we are definitely coming to see you! Riding the island would be so cool.
We look forward to seeing you Thom. Make sure you go to our site and make a reservation in advance to insure you get a bike on the dates that you want it.
Meantime, I'll be busier than a kitten chasing a laser light.

Capt'n

Old 06-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica
Thanks Capt'n. When I get home I should be in the area for at least another 6 months or so before I move again. I have been wanting to get up to the San Juans since we moved there it just hasn't worked out yet. I'm going to have to take some time off and make it work.
If you don't make it up here this time, at least put this place on your bucket list for the future. It's a pretty enchanting part of the world.
Take Care,

Capt'n

Old 06-28-2015, 06:30 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I may hit you up when it comes time for gaskets/seals/bearings.

Gotta run some numbers and see if I can pilfer the Shift Forks and Shift Drum out of the 07 Xl and put them in the Blast as the Blast cases were a predasesor to the non-Trap Door XL cases. Sometimes I get lucky.

Old 06-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
I may hit you up when it comes time for gaskets/seals/bearings.

Gotta run some numbers and see if I can pilfer the Shift Forks and Shift Drum out of the 07 Xl and put them in the Blast as the Blast cases were a predasesor to the non-Trap Door XL cases. Sometimes I get lucky.
Not a problem. I'm here if you need me.

Capt'n

Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Looks like my ol'man will be bringing his 87 Softail down for me to work on and ride.

The speedo on it quit in the late 90s but I'd be shocked if the bike has anything less than 250,000 miles on it. Not hard to figure out where I got the drive to put 54,xxx on my 07 in 2 years. haha

Old 05-31-2016, 08:52 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Feels like I am reviving an old thread...

Put 600 miles in the saddle over the weekend, riding all up and down central PA. First real riding weather we have seen this year. Found some interesting switch backs, which are interesting on a cruiser. Scraped the boards a couple times.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:56 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Jezzus....I haven't been in here or on the forum for ages. Been waaay too busy with all my motorcycle business's in the past couple years but, I just closed one down and I'm considering closing another one after this season is over. Just gotta simplify my life.
Glad to hear ya got the chance to put on some miles over the weekend.
I even got the chance to ride Ole Blue for a lap 'round our island yesterday.

Out for a quick putt around the rock (San Juan Island, WA.) which is a rare thang these dayz.

Capt'n

Old 06-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,546 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Motorcycle Chatter

Hi guys, On our way to Iowa to visit my wife's family we spent one night in Sturgis. We stopped by the bike museum, pretty cool.

Name:  20160531_095018-1600x900.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  901.5 KB
Name:  20160531_095249-1600x900.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  983.7 KB
Name:  20160531_095350-1600x900.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  973.8 KB
Name:  20160531_095156-1600x900.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  984.1 KB

Of course we had to make the trip up to Mount Rushmore!
Name:  20160531_124856_003-1600x900.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  1,014.9 KB

Old 06-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Awesome Pix Tim!!!

Capt'n

Old 06-07-2016, 02:01 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Hello.

Between a messed up computer and a busy life with a toddler and multiple jobs I haven't been around for quite a while.

I rebuilt the top end on my wife's Blast since it blew the head gasket 2 years ago, time flys with a kiddo.

When the gasket let loose it melted the aluminum of the cooling fins around one of the head bolt holes, also it blew out between the cooling fins and melted the plastic pushrod cover. Wonderfully catastrophic damage. haha

Had to shave enough off the head to require me to clearance the combustion chamber which was a win-win as the Blast has a factory mismatch of the squish area that actually traps the mixture around the rim of the chamber. So increased squish angle, smoothed the chamber and radiussed into the the valve openings also did some mild port work on the intake side to help with the manifold-port misalignment.

Original build had a top speed around 78, current high has been 92. "closed course, professional rider" haha

Trying to hustle up a bagger before Aug for a ride to Denver and back, time to sell off some of my junk.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Chatter