Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Motorcycle Chatter

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 05:00 AM
Sportster.Mark
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
I will be starting to put the bikes back together after we're settled in the new place.
Sweet! I'll be looking for a few roadhouses to meet you at!

Old 03-05-2015, 03:40 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The first one I will fix will be the Wife's Blast, "happy wife=happy life".

Old 03-06-2015, 07:43 PM
CharlaineC
Senior User
Well with spring on the way after this weekend i'm going to pull the engine of my 87 goldwing aspencade and pull it apart and clean it then add the new gasket set and stator i have been meaning to put in. and her back on the road. might get her prepped for the alternator conversion.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:00 AM
Sportster.Mark
Senior User
I had a '78 Goldwing I bought off of a WA State Trooper who told me he bought it at an auction for abandoned vehicles, and that he had installed a new wiring harness and couldn't get all of the electrics to work. I wonder if he ever figured out that while he was talking I was looking at the bike and could see he was full of it. The harness was nowhere near new and did not look like it had recently been attached, and the turn signals he couldn't get to work (for instance) were not even plugged in. I paid him $600-, took it home and rewired it, rebuilt the carbs, put new fork seals, brakes and tires on it and it ran great. I traded it about two years later for a '84 Nissan kingcab which I am now getting ready to sell to pay for the wheels I need for my F6.

On that note, if anyone knows someone looking for a Nissan, with a spare motor, tranny, radiator, starter and alternator, let me know. $1800- (but I can negotiate that).

Old 03-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a GL1000 I just finished for one of my customers.
Make sure you upgrade the Stator connection (chessy plugin on the left side just below the seat) to a solid one. These plastic two wire molex style plastic plugs loose contact over the years and corrode. This causes resistance and the next thing you know your left butt cheek is on fire. Next, if your gonna yard that motor outta the frame to either change or upgrade your alternator do yourself a BIG favor. Change your clutch while ya have the motor already out.

Capt'n

Honda GL1000 redux

Old 03-12-2015, 09:28 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
BTW, I'm sorry for not being in here for the past couple months. I've been whoopass busy adding another company to my roster of business's. Like I've got nothin better to do. LOL
This is a motorcycle rental biz on San Juan Island with a small retail store called U-Ride Motorcycle Rentals. www.uriderental.com is the new site. Still needs some tweaking.
Now that the big bright ball in the sky is visible (hurts my eyes when I look into it) and the temps are coming up the other moto biz is also picking up. Oye!! What have done!?!! I'll still try to drop in here as time will allow. Til then....twist the throttle and sooth yer soul!

Capt'n

Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Glad to hear you're staying busy, how's the new location working for you?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:29 PM
CharlaineC
Senior User
Captn, the clutch is only a year old, and the stator connection was changed. right now i'm putting in a high output stator but will switch to the alt mod when i can spend the $600 for the stuff. right now Pearl is my main concern

Old 03-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Glad to hear you're staying busy, how's the new location working for you?
How's the new location? I dunno yet. I hope to open it up next month. We've been remodeling an over 100 yr. old building ourselves for the past few months but, it's in the retail heart of town one block up from the ferry landing right on a corner. In the retail biz that's called having the 3 L's....location, location and......location.
It's called U-Ride and it will be a motorcycle retail store and rental business.
Beast Powersports is still at the other end of the island so logistics will be a nightmare for me until I can find a suitable location back in town again or they'll just take me out back like ole yeller and put me outta my misery.
I understand from your post that you too have relocated. Better situation I hope. Are things starting to look up for you? Sure hope so.
Meantime....let the games begin. Summer is comin and I hope we all prosper from this next season of mayhem.

Capt'n

Old 03-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by CharlaineC
Captn, the clutch is only a year old, and the stator connection was changed. right now i'm putting in a high output stator but will switch to the alt mod when i can spend the $600 for the stuff. right now Pearl is my main concern
Ahhh...you've already been there and done that. Sweet!

Capt'n

Old 06-21-2015, 09:23 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Must have missed the responses, sorry.

Yes, the new place in Shelton is much better, 2 bed 1 bath with fenced yards and a detached 24x36 shop.

Just got a job in town and will be running a route servicing porrta-pottys.

Anyone have any Buell parts laying around?

Also we soon be shopping for a Rubber-Mount Sportster drivetrain, preferably 2007 or newer but I could make 04-06 work that that's what comes up.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:21 AM
Captain 'Murica
Junior User

I moved to WA from the South about 2 years ago and the weather has severely limited my riding time. It's that time of year again, but unfortunately I am out of town and won't be back until after the rain returns. It is killing me not being able to ride. Any other Victory riders on here?

Old 06-22-2015, 10:44 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Must have missed the responses, sorry.

Yes, the new place in Shelton is much better, 2 bed 1 bath with fenced yards and a detached 24x36 shop.

Just got a job in town and will be running a route servicing porrta-pottys.

Anyone have any Buell parts laying around?

Also we soon be shopping for a Rubber-Mount Sportster drivetrain, preferably 2007 or newer but I could make 04-06 work that that's what comes up.

Glad to hear your all situated now and working....even if it's a sh$tty job. I wish I could help ya on the Blast parts...I've got one myself. The Sporty is another story. Unfortunately I don't know of any good used drivetrains available. I can only supply "new" stuff for either one. Lemmy know if I can help in that department.
Capt'n

Old 06-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by Captain 'Murica

I moved to WA from the South about 2 years ago and the weather has severely limited my riding time. It's that time of year again, but unfortunately I am out of town and won't be back until after the rain returns. It is killing me not being able to ride. Any other Victory riders on here?

Welcome to our lil end of the world.
Especially to another Captain who is also from the South ( I'm a Cracker myself ). I don't have a Victory in my stable.....yet but, Polaris has been making a fine machine for awhile now and I wouldn't mind having at least one.
Capt'n

Old 06-22-2015, 10:50 AM
lee00
Posting Guru
8 hrs in the saddle yesterday... really thinking its time to go back to the crusier market... this sport touring....standard set up was killing me....

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Chatter