Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Sounds like a Win-Win.

No more appointments?
Yeah....what a pain in the ****. Due to the small shop space at the old Carter Ave. in town location customers used to have to make an appointment before they brought their bike in to insure I had enough space to accommodate them. Then if we had customers that didn't pic up their ride when it was done I couldn't let anyone else in. Serious logistics bottle neck.
No more! I don't have to make them do the whole appointment thingy anymore. A major pain removed from my **** and we're already beating last years gross sales by 67% because of it. Now that's bad ***!!
Capt'n

Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, makes you wish you had done it sooner.

I'm sure the commute is nice.

Old 07-11-2014, 03:52 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Taking the intermediate motorcycle course up in Everett tomorrow to get my Washington motorcycle endorsement. Got rear ended by a gal on her phone the other day and it totaled my commuter car so I'll be looking for a used bike to commute on while I find a car worthy of replacing my previous car. ('97 Accord that has never had a problem)

Old 07-11-2014, 04:27 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a question for you riders in the Seattle area. When I am driving up 405 in a rental car, the grooves in the road seem pretty harsh to me. I know there are other roads in that area like that as well. How in the heck do you guys hold your line running on roads like that? It seems pretty dangerous to me, not to mention the shortened tire life.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:49 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
I'm on 405 every day. 405 is a disaster right now because of the construction. Try it in an Ex!!! I've just gotten used to the grooves, but people are constantly sliding over the lines, especially the big rigs. Just try not to drive side by side. Best of luck!!!

Last edited by NorthwesternCowboy; 07-11-2014 at 04:50 PM. Reason: phone text typo
Old 07-11-2014, 04:53 PM
NorthwesternCowboy
Laughing Gas
Ah, forgot the motorcycle context =P. I will be avoiding 405 once on a bike. There are some alternative routes that parallel my work route.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:29 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Good luck on your test.

405, Honestly... I don't pay much attention, I let the bike do most of the riding.

I've always had better luck with staying relaxed, any time I've tensed up it creates a fight between me and the bike.

Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by NorthwesternCowboy
Taking the intermediate motorcycle course up in Everett tomorrow to get my Washington motorcycle endorsement. Got rear ended by a gal on her phone the other day and it totaled my commuter car so I'll be looking for a used bike to commute on while I find a car worthy of replacing my previous car. ('97 Accord that has never had a problem)

Damn good thing you were in a car. I had a buddy in FL that had just finished a full tilt custom ( the shamrock bike) for a client of his and was riding it to the next town to deliver it. He's sitting in the left turn lane waiting on the light when BAM!!! A cement truck tapped him from behind. OOpps!!
He walked away with just scratches but the new bike looked like hammered puppy poo! Some aren't as lucky.

Capt'n

Old 09-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned

Look what I brought home last weekend.

Yuppers.....we have a winner!

Capt'n

Old 09-05-2014, 11:38 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Congrats! Wish we had known about a show beforehand.... Next time.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:58 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I apologize for not making an announcement but, I've been having internet connectivity issues since the move. It took me a 1/2 hr just to make that post. Basically, I crashed this party called the Concours D'Elegance of the San Juans. Most competitors are more like Thurston Howell III's than motor heads. If anyone is so inclined next year to take the ferry over to Friday Harbor I'll post a heads up. Keep in mind, the show is more about Porsche's and Ferrari's than hot rods and customs. I never imagined they'd score my bike to 1st place ahead of the Beemers and Honda''s. LOL!!!

Capt'n

Old 09-06-2014, 05:15 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Captn- Bike looks great. It sounds like you were setting up an FTE meet for next year at Friday Harbor if I heard that right.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Ya know BC.....it doesn't sound like a bad idea. The annual event is always hosted at the San Juan Vineyards on Roche Harbor Rd. just outside of the town of Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. If you ride your bike you get priority loading on the ferry and it's $26.10 round trip. If you drive and keep your total footage below 14 feet it's gonna cost $48.00 which includes the driver. Each additional passenger is $12.95 unless your over 65yr.s or under 18 yrs. old ($6.46 ea.). If you'd like to enter your bike it's $15. and you get a poster, dash plaque and a goody bag. Your bike can be bone stock and still be very competitive based on the point judging system used at the Concours.
Whatya think?

Old 09-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Who's goin to Oyster Run in Anacortes this year? Besides me of course. I missed it last year.

Capt'n

Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Im sure most are not going to want to drive trucks out there for that cost. It was a thought though. Something similar may work though. I don't have any two wheelers yet, maybe some day though.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Chatter