Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Motorcycle Chatter

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1st impressions are always the best ones!
Capt'n

Old 01-31-2014, 07:04 PM
RickF350
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I'll share my two wheel rides.

2003 KTM 525 EXC

2010 Kawasaki Concours 1400

Old 02-01-2014, 12:09 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Nice rides Rick. My bike shop has sponsored a local rider (Maverick Blake) on a KTM in motorcross for the past 3 yrs. The KTM, or at least the current version, has proven to be a strong contender in offroad racing and a solid bike. Now, if only our rider could stay on his long enough to cross the finish line.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
RickF350
Senior User
^ Very pleased the KTM 525. Over 10 years old, and so far the only unexpected part failure was the stator. Thankfully I wasn't too far from my truck when it happened. Gave me an excuse to upgrade to a DC system, anyways.

The C14 is a good bike too. It's comfortable on long distance rides, corners very well, and it takes off like a rocket.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I had to take a customers bike out for a test ride yesterday. It was 29 degrees (F) out but the sun was shining. A rare thang during winter here in the Pac. N.W.
I prepared for the worst. I leathered up with chaps, jacket with liner, gauntlet gloves and...dare I say it....I used my full face helmet. A truly rare thing. And ya know what?
Even at 85mph it wasn't so bad. Who knew? Last time I rode in Brrrr weather was back in the 70's when I was young, dumb and full of c.....oops. Damn near slipped up huh.
So.....have any of you taken a putt lately in this cold stuff?
Capt'n

Old 02-07-2014, 07:29 AM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I fired her up just after Christmas, to get the cobwebs out. 6" of snow on the ground and salt/calcium chloride 1/2" deep on the road, so she didn't get past the door sill. Back under the cover until spring.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Awful quiet in here lately so I post a little meaningless dribble.
I'll be on the ferry Fri. morning with my bike loaded in my company trailer and headed to the International Motorcycle Show in Seattle this weekend. They asked if I would and who am I to tell'em otherwise. Gonna leave the trailer on Whidbey at buddies place so I can return to the island for less. Then back again on Sun.to get the bike back from the show. The Sun. ferry ride is gonna cost of over 200 bucks. Sure glad I don't go to America to often. Cha Ching!
Capt'n

Old 02-14-2014, 12:06 PM
RickF350
Senior User
^ take lots of pictures.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:43 AM
rogue40
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
85mph
Capt'n
Felix is gonna getcha!

Old 02-15-2014, 03:14 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by rogue40
Felix is gonna getcha!
Oh didn't you hear? After the X-Mass fiasco he got shipped back to Lopez. Don't ya figure that he was welcomed back with open arms by the folks over there? I'm thinkin......NOT.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I got my bike to Seattle just in time to get it rolled in the Convention Center after the 8 o'clock boat was an hour delayed here in Friday Harbor. Christ on a crutch. So here a few fuzzy pix of some bike that had been set up. Many hadn't showed up yet.

(Slide Show)

2014 International Motorcycle Show Seattle Slideshow by Beast_Customs | Photobucket

I have to pic my bike up tomorrow so I'll try and get more and better pix.

Capt'n

Old 02-16-2014, 10:49 PM
RickF350
Senior User
^ Nice pictures. Some are a bit fuzzy, but most are good.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Just got back yesterday from the show with our bike. Christ on a crutch! What a logistic nightmare! We were told by the organizers that we had to arrive no later than 4:30pm to secure our "exit ticket" so that the facilities security would let us remove our bike. The show was scheduled to close at 5:00pm. After they cleared the building of spectators, about 20min.s or so, we could get our bike and goodies. So, we pull up to the entry tunnel that leads to the loading docks only to be told by security that no one would enter the facility until 5:30pm. WHAT?!?! "Dude!! How do we get our exit ticket?? So, we hot lapped downtown draggin our trailer til 5:30 only to get in line with the gigamillion others like us out in the street and wait our turn. Once finally allowed to enter they directed us to the loading docks but, unlike when we unloaded, they didn't let anyone enter the building with our trucks & trailers. Instead we got to jockey around everybody else outside in the pouring rain for a place to stage our rig. What fiasco! Once we loaded up we had to wait for about a 1/2hr just to find a gap in the mess to get out. Needless to say we missed the last ferry back home to our island which cost us both time and hotel and eats til yesterday. Won't be doin the convention center in Seattle again anytime soon. What a cluster. We didn't even get the chance to go inside and see the show but, my eldest daughter, along with her hubby and son did and here's the link of some of the pix they got. Enjoy!

Old 02-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
More pix.

Getting the bike back turned out to be a nightmare in logistics. It ended up delaying us to the point of missing the last ferry back to San Juan Island. Won't be doin the Seattle show anytime soon for sure.
Capt'n.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
More pix.

Getting the bike back turned out to be a nightmare in logistics. It ended up delaying us to the point of missing the last ferry back to San Juan Island. Won't be doin the Seattle show anytime soon for sure.
Capt'n.
Another link....just in case the other don't work.
2014 International Motorcycle Show Seattle Photos by Beast_Customs | Photobucket

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Chatter