Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Motorcycle Chatter

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 12:05 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I won't be doing Oyster Run. No running motorcycle at the moment, not a priority and not a fan of the huge traffic jam that the Oyster Run is.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm gonna put my Bobber up for sale there and see if I get any bites.
Bring cash.....come smilin.

Capt'n

Old 09-23-2014, 11:03 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
If only I had a pile of money.

Beautiful bike and I doubt you'll have much trouble finding a buyer, putting the awards it's received next to it always helps a sale.

Found out today that Resto4dad commutes on a bike, though it's a little bit smaller than your bobber.

Old 09-24-2014, 11:46 AM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I hope your right. I've got over 36K invested in just parts cost alone but, I'm realistic about what I might get offered. I guessing a whole lot less and I have to be willing to accept that I'm gonna have to take a big financial hit on this one. So Mote it be.

Glad to hear that Resto4Dad enjoys the way of the 2 wheeled world as well. It doesn't matter how big or small our rides are.....it's about that fact that we ride on 3 wheels or less and the sense of freedom we all enjoy doing it.
Much like our local riding group here in the islands I started a few years ago. The only rule is that you show up on three wheels or less.....that's it. We've got riders on Vespa's, sport bikes, dual sports and choppers. We're equal opportunity offenders one and all. LOL!!

Capt'n

Old 09-24-2014, 01:14 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
I used to commute on an 80s Suzuki Shuttle for a while. Ported the cylinder, shaved the head, massaged the carb and shotgunned the exhaust. Would do 30mph uphill after I was done and still got over 100 mpg. haha

Old 10-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Sorry for being absent for so long. Been whoopass busy since the Oyster Run.
Unfortunately my scoot didn't sell there but, it's on just about every cell phone and smart pad that was there. Unbelievable how big the crowd were surrounding it. Who knew? So, I've offered it up as a raffle bike for a new worldwide motorcycle club called Bikers 4 Orcas. They have chapters all over the world and a handful of us have started one here on San Juan Island which is the original home of many of the captured Orcas currently at many of the worlds aquariums. The proceeds go to feed and provide veterinary care for the whales when released back to the wild. Don't get me wrong. I'm not about to start huggin trees and munch on granola any time soon.
We're working on a Poker Run in June that will start with a pancake breakfast and end at the Whale Watch Park on the west side of the island. When things ramp up I'll post more details then. Meantime, if you'd like some friendly tips on putting your baby up for the winter let me know. I'd be more than happy to help out.
Capt'n

Old 10-26-2014, 11:48 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Trying to source parts for a 1978 Suzuki RV90.

Need a throttle cable, it has 3 connection points.

Side cover

Oil tank cap

Exhaust heat shield and probably more Misc.

Other than Bent Bike I'm not sure where to look, it's kind of an oddity.

Old 11-15-2014, 02:27 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Trying to source parts for a 1978 Suzuki RV90.

Need a throttle cable, it has 3 connection points.

Side cover

Oil tank cap

Exhaust heat shield and probably more Misc.

Other than Bent Bike I'm not sure where to look, it's kind of an oddity.
So apologize for the late response. I've been just straight out that last few months with little time for anything else. If it wasn't my B-Day today I'd not have the time to even check in right now.
The two into one cable is a rare find. You might be amazed at what google can do for you in regards to finding odd and rare bike parts. I've found stuff around the world for my customers odd & ancient rides. The only bone yard for bikes that I'm aware of is clear down in AZ near Lake Havasu operated by a really cantankerous old biker who could care less to sell ya somethin. I'm sure there are others but I don't and can't, for liability reasons, buy N sell used bike parts with my motorcycle shop.
Not to mention the obvious E-Bay thang. OH....wait a minute I just remembered a website in Europe that has NOS parts available. Honda Motorcycle Parts, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Motorcycle Parts - ATV, Classic Bike, Dirt Bike Parts I've found tons of New Old Stock stuff on their site. Hope this helps out.
Capt'n

Old 11-23-2014, 05:25 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Thanks, I hear you on being busy, I've been working 5 10s+ at a job 130 miles from home then coming home on the weekends to pack up the house to move. It's been hectic and haven't had the time to bother with the little bike yet. Ebay seems to have a surprising wealth of parts for it though.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:12 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Winter's, in the past, have always been my slow time. I don't know what the hell happened but I've got 10 bikes and 1 quad in my shop right now annnnnd I'm trying to get the new biz up and running for this spring. I need more of me I think. Holy Jesus!! I just realized I've still got to shop of X-Mass.....damnit!!

Old 12-15-2014, 11:43 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
You want my list? haha

If you weren't out on an island I'd come spin wrenches for you but my temp job is already a crappy enough commute.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
I know....sometimes it sux to be me but, I wouldn't trade the island life for anything.
So.....did "Santa" bring ya any new toyz or goodies?!?!

Capt'n

Old 12-28-2014, 12:55 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
With how tight finances have been my wife and I set a $40 gift budget for each other.

Our kid however, cleaned house at my family function. Great benefits to being the first great grand child and the only baby in the family.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:03 AM
Sportster.Mark
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The weather is getting warmer down here in Vancouver...
Riding season will be here soon!
Eh, who am I kidding? I ride anytime my bike is running!

Old 03-04-2015, 03:52 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
I will be starting to put the bikes back together after we're settled in the new place.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Chatter