Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Elder User

thundersnow70 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice of you to say Josh. As winter gets closer we will turn the 60 back into a small truck with the 19.5s. And someday something i own will be parade ready like your irish MH.
Mark
Working on these old trucks is easy, all you have to do is................................................ ....
Old 12-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Senior User

cstempert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus56 View Post
That Hahn conversion looks pretty sweet, great condition from what you can see here. What is the significance of that conversion?
I believe Hahn made fire truck conversions
1997 Mercury Mountaineer - RETIRED
2001 F-550 Dump Truck - Fer yard werk
2014 Ford Explorer - Work-mobile
Old 12-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
The HAHN also has an interesting hood ornament with the rooster. Looks to be in pretty good shape too.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Posting Guru

Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Those are some hardcore truck **** pics! Thanks to all for posting. I love the old 4wd working trucks and would love to bring a MH into the stable but time and resources will probably not allow it. A trip to Chuck's is certainly on my crazy truck addiction bucket list. There is a cool 51-52 F6 grain truck in a small yard near me just rotting away. Man would I love to make a midnight salvage run!

1948 Ford F-3 Flatbed "Older Blue"
1975 Ford F-250 Highboy "Old Blue"
1977 Ford F-150 Flatbed "The Bodinator"
Old 12-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Senior User

cstempert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojak View Post
Those are some hardcore truck **** pics! Thanks to all for posting. I love the old 4wd working trucks and would love to bring a MH into the stable but time and resources will probably not allow it. A trip to Chuck's is certainly on my crazy truck addiction bucket list. There is a cool 51-52 F6 grain truck in a small yard near me just rotting away. Man would I love to make a midnight salvage run!
...And probably with a big six and synchromesh still in it
1997 Mercury Mountaineer - RETIRED
2001 F-550 Dump Truck - Fer yard werk
2014 Ford Explorer - Work-mobile
Old 12-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
That is one cool truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcar-9 View Post
not a ford but damn pretty:

Click the image to open in full size.

Another picture of the tank trailer:

Well I can only say "It´s in the details!!"
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 12-29-2013, 09:24 AM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
I can only imagine what it would cost to restore a rig that big knowing what it costs to do a pickup or my panel. That tanker is sweet.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Elder User

jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
I can only imagine what it would cost to restore a rig that big knowing what it costs to do a pickup or my panel. That tanker is sweet.
The tank owners son is in the progress of restoring one of the futureliners, he has started a company to raise funds and a lot of the work is done by different companies pro bono, just for the reputation and "free" commercial. I'll see if I can find their website
Old 12-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Elder User

jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jimcar-9 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In Swedish though

http://jonssonpower.com/

http://www.classicmotor.se/tagg/futurliner/
Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yup, the GM Futurliners were pretty interesting trucks. I used to have an link to the restortation of one of the trucks but I lost it over the years. I'm sure a Google search would turn up tons of info for anyone intersted

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
How did a Futurliner end up over there?? There were only 12 built, most were wrecked. They are the epitome of Art Deco styling IMO

The GM Futurliner Restoration Project
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2013, 12:21 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post
How did a Futurliner end up over there?? There were only 12 built, most were wrecked. They are the epitome of Art Deco styling IMO

The guy saw an add in a us magazine for the #8, they negotiated a while, he bought it. Then he bought an old truck and trailer to transport it to the closest port. Where a Swedish shipping company helped him out finding a spot on the deck of a cargo ship. Funny thing is that the Captain refused to ship that "pile of crap" to the other side of the earth, when he saw it from the bridge. He then called the swedish shipping company to tell them to get rid of that pile of scrap, the shipping company just told the captain to take a look in the paperwork for the insurance value, and the captain just replied, Oooh...... Ok!
company to
Old 12-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The guy saw an add in a us magazine for the #8, they negotiated a while, he bought it. Then he bought an old truck and trailer to transport it to the closest port. Where a Swedish shipping company helped him out finding a spot on the deck of a cargo ship. Funny thing is that the Captain refused to ship that "pile of crap" to the other side of the earth, when he saw it from the bridge. He then called the swedish shipping company to tell them to get rid of that pile of scrap, the shipping company just told the captain to take a look in the paperwork for the insurance value, and the captain just replied, Oooh...... Ok!
company to
LOL...thats an intersting bit of info. Very cool
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 12-29-2013, 02:44 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1 View Post

What exactly was it intented use for? Transporting goods or as a bus?
Old 12-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
What exactly was it intented use for? Transporting goods or as a bus?
They were to promote GM's technologies in the Parade of Progress.
Go here.
GM Futurliner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia GM Futurliner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2007 F150 SC. Driven once in a while. 2015 Escape SE EB 1.6 Wife's ride
If there’s one thing that the government is highly skilled at, it is creating excessive amounts of bureaucracy and extra layers of red tape for people to wade through.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:02 PM