Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2013, 01:03 AM
New User

Mitchell_Texas is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fixing Flexplate 2000 Excursion 4x4

Hey guys, can i get some tips on to fix the flexplate on a 2000 ford Excursion.

Here is the details:

2000 Ford Excursion
110,000 Miles
V10
4x4

I am positive that the flexplate is bad. My friend and I are planning on doing this on saturday. Any tips to speed up the process would be grealty appreciate.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:43 AM
Senior User

MURDOMINO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Since my first engine replacement without removing the trans was on my 4x v10 excursion, id have to say it was pretty easy. I am used to pulling transmissions ans t-cases though, and with the height and weight of both, i would probably just pull the engine and be done with it.
1972 Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, 6.75L v8 32k miles!
1971 Ford F250, 360 V8 64k original miles.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:22 AM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDOMINO View Post
Since my first engine replacement without removing the trans was on my 4x v10 excursion, id have to say it was pretty easy. I am used to pulling transmissions ans t-cases though, and with the height and weight of both, i would probably just pull the engine and be done with it.

Except you now add in the expense of air conditioning recharge, Coolant refill, a new oil cooler (Required by Ford Per Shop Manual to prevent engine damage) and doing loads of additional work that you did not have to do just to pull the trans. You STILL have to do the same amount of work to get that trans out of thereif you find anything wrong with it.

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 10-11-2013, 03:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs