1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 12:53 PM
AwolDog5
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Wipers

WELL HERE I GO......IVE ONLY HAD MY TRUCK BACK A WEEK AND LIVING IN SO CAL I THOUGHT I HAD TIME TO TAKE CARE OF THIS..MY WIPERS I NEED THE RING THAT HOLDS THE SWITCH IN PLACE IT SAYS "WIPERS" ARE THEY AVAILABLE AND MY RIGHT WIPER FLEW OFF AT 65 MPH ON THE FRWY(NOT MUCH LEFT WHEN I GOT TO IT)..IM TALKING THE WHOLE ARM...ARE THESE AVAILABLE AS WELL..........I GUESS ITS BACK TO USING A POTATO
THANKS ALL ERIK

Old 06-19-2003, 01:10 PM
heavy_56
Junior User
Wipers

Hey Eric I was having problems with mine also. Well actualy still am have problems. But the good news is you can those parts at Sacramento vintage. The have a great catalog full of everything you need. Also Bob's f100 has parts also. Check online for either place. Good luck to you.

Do you know if you can adjust the wipers? Mine are wiping the windows then wipping part of the cab below the window. Just wondering.....

Thanks,
Heavy_56

Old 06-19-2003, 03:58 PM
fatfords
Elder User
Wipers

Erik,
Heavy_56 gave you some good venders to check out. You might also check with the Motorhaven folks that help sponsor this site or any of the vendors that advertise in the truck magazines. Those should be easy to find.

Chris, the only way I know of to control where the wiper wipes is to pull the arm off and rotate it a spline or two on the shaft. I don't remember there being any adjustment in the linkage.

Potato?

Old 06-19-2003, 04:41 PM
DS02F250
Posting Guru
Wipers

If you figure out how to get the wipers to "park" at the bottom of the windshield, let me know. I have a new wiper motor and an aftermarket switch with "intermittent" on it. I can't get the wipers to "park"; they hit the cowl one time, I adjust the blade on the post, try it again. The next time it stops half way up at 12 o'clock. Geez-Louise.... !!!!

Daryl

Old 06-19-2003, 04:50 PM
heavy_56
Junior User
Wipers

Yeah I was wondering about the potatoe thing too. But hey stick with what works right I'll try to move the arm on the spline. Is there anyway to rotate the actual blade??? This might help Daryl parking problem.

Sorry eric didn't mean to take your thread in a different direction...

Heavy_56

Old 06-19-2003, 06:07 PM
AwolDog5
Junior User
Wipers

OK THE POTATO THING
TAKE A REGULAR POTATO CUT OFF A PIECE OF THE END RUB ACROSS WINDSHIELD...WHEREEVER RUBBED THE WATER WILL BEAD OFF ALLOWING YOU TO SEE...AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IT DOES NO DAMAGE TO THE GLASS
ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT THE LOCKING RINGS FOR THE WPIER DASH SWITCH...ARE THEY STILL AVAILABLE..THEY SAY WIPER AND HOLD THE SWITCH TO THE DASH
THANKS ERIK

Old 06-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Kenny
Cargo Master
Wipers

Erik,

What you need is the wiper switch bezel. No one is re-producing them at this time. It is currently a salvage yard, e-bay, or classified ad item. Motorhaven does carry the wiper arm parts.
Please e-mail me, I think I might be able to help you.

Daryl,
According to my shop manual.......
You have to operate the wiper then shut it off, to bring the wiper blade shafts to the park position. Then put your blade shafts on the pivot arms.

Fine adjustment of the blade park position may be made by turning the "parking stud" which projects through the wiper motor cover.
Turn the stud to the left to advance, or to the right to retard the blade park position.

I hope this helps.

Old 06-19-2003, 10:11 PM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
Received 123 Likes on 94 Posts
Wipers

I'll add the potato wiper thing to my home remedies list. Right under horse manure makes good Chapstick. Keeps you from licking your lips so much.

I may have a wiper bezel for 53-56. Not sure what year you need.