Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

October chat

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 04:20 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is he doing a frame swap by any chance? Coincidently I have a '54 1/2ton in the shop that I'm doing for somebody else. Somewhere back along the history of his truck, someone cut the running board brackets and the left front cab mount bracket off the frame with a torch. The running board brackets were no problem, but the cab mount bracket is turning out to be a PITA to find.
I'm looking for someone who isn't going to use his frame to buy a bracket from.

Old 10-12-2013, 08:24 AM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
No he's got the frame ,engine , driveline finished.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:20 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Where's everyone hiding?

Old 10-17-2013, 08:58 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
In plain sight.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:20 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
I'm around Been doing without internet for the most part, just what I could do on my phone. Lightning took out my Hughesnet system, so it was time to go ahead and upgrade to the Gen4 system. It seems to work a little faster, probably would be better if I would upgrade this old laptop too

Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
I'm around Been doing without internet for the most part, just what I could do on my phone. Lightning took out my Hughesnet system, so it was time to go ahead and upgrade to the Gen4 system. It seems to work a little faster, probably would be better if I would upgrade this old laptop too
Have you done any speed tests? I'm always hoping they can do something to improve the latency.

I know its early but does anyone have any grand ideas for a next GTG around march/april ?

It occurred to me today that we should GTG some evening this fall and have a big fire, roast some marshmallows, maybe some hot dogs.. thats always fun..

Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Originally Posted by tojoski

It occurred to me today that we should GTG some evening this fall and have a big fire, roast some marshmallows, maybe some hot dogs.. thats always fun..
That sounds awesome! Lets let zhilton host it. been a few years since we've made a run up north.

Old 10-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Mudslinger72315
Senior User
Good Morning Gents! I just want everyone to wish me luck. If it comes in today, I will be replacing the Turbo on my 2008. Never done it before, hell, this is my first diesel, so this will be the first work I have done on a diesel. Not looking forward to it, but I sure do miss my truck.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Cool. Have fun!

Old 10-18-2013, 11:28 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cookie88
That sounds awesome! Lets let zhilton host it. been a few years since we've made a run up north.
I was thinking about just an impromptu gtg some evening, nothing official.. we could do it out back by the pond.. maybe even a hayride or something..

Originally Posted by Mudslinger72315
Good Morning Gents! I just want everyone to wish me luck. If it comes in today, I will be replacing the Turbo on my 2008. Never done it before, hell, this is my first diesel, so this will be the first work I have done on a diesel. Not looking forward to it, but I sure do miss my truck.
Good luck Are you upgrading or just replacing?

Old 10-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Mudslinger72315
Senior User
Good luck Are you upgrading or just replacing?
I am replacing. I lost a seal and a bearing on the High Pressure side. Just hoping I did not do any more damage than the turbo.
It happened when I buried it to the axels in that pic that I posted. Stupidity - Had to leave tuck in the ditch all night, $100 for the tow truck to pull me out (which took 4 hours) $2200 for the turbo, plus 2 months not being able o drive my Baby. UGH!!!!

Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Steve Noland
Mountain Pass
I spent Sunday afternoon dropping both fuel tanks from the SuperCab. Got all my lines cleaned out, cleaned and tested the pick-up tubes and sending units, even got the selector cleaned out and working. Gotta clean out the tanks, replace the strainers and one float and I'm in business! Drove my 78 F150 Custom to Guy, AR so a buddy could sell it at his place (high-traffic).

Joe, I'm right around the corner from McRae, where are you?

Steve in McRae

Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where's everyone hiding?
On a locomotive
Sounds like it could be intersting...but for the record we're four weeks away from Thanksgiving. And I don't know about y'all by my weekends are filling up QUICK for the rest of the year.
Originally Posted by cookie88
Technically I'm out west...we try to distance ourselves from those nuts in Fayetteville/Springdale. While I'm not opposed to this idea...it won't be at my house. The City of FSM...especially the FSFD...strongly disproves of bonfires in the city. And since my house is well within the city limits....no bueno. Now at a Corp of Engineer or State Park...if there's interest I'll do my best on the foot work to get one started. This all assuming the wife & I don't win the Powerball anytime soon. If we do, then we'll move it to the new estate!

By the way Mr. Moderator...I seen footage of "someone" over the weekend squatting 600-some odd pounds. Not only is that impressive...that's more than what a 6.0L or even a 7.3L block weighs. Almost wouldn't need an engine host would you?

Old 10-21-2013, 09:10 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm sure I'll regret this later...but this was posted in an industry forum (RR union) recently. It would take longer to explain the conversation...the video on the other hand is humorous.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Howdy fellas.

Quick Reply: October chat