Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 11:09 AM
New User
1968 Ford F-250

Jubeltje is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need help pulling engine Syracuse area

Hi everybody,

My sister has a '69 F250, 2wd. After my sister graduates next year I want to take over the truck and rebuild to the original state. I want to start with the engine this winter. It consumes a lot of oil and I think the intake manifold is leaking. So an engine rebuild seems the right thing to do.

As we don't have the experience, tools, space and time to do an engine rebuild ourselves we are looking for some help with pulling the engine from the truck. We either want to buy a crate engine or take this engine to a machine shop to have it rebuild. Right now I am leaning towards a crate engine.

Would anybody located in the Syracuse area be able to help us pull the engine from the truck and install it again? Of course for a reasonable compensation.

Cheers,

Sebastian & Judith
Old 10-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Your a little bit away from me. What engine is in the truck? The 360's are known for intakes leaking out the back. If a 360 lots have been converting to a 390. If you check in the 67-72 forum it will give you an idea of what people are doing with there trucks. Also check the FE Engine Forum. If you go the crate route check around local repair places that do that work, some deal in Jasper engines. So they would install what the sell.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 10-03-2013, 02:02 PM
New User
1968 Ford F-250

Hi GLR

Currently there is a 360 in the truck. I would upgrade to a 390 if its doesn't cost much more then a 360. Could you recommend a Jasper engine dealer? Or machine shop for the rebuild route?

cheers
Old 10-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
The only one I know of around here is in Trumansburg.
Here's their website with dealer locator
JASPER Engines & Transmissions: Remanufactured engine: diesel, marine, import
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.spurredon has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubeltje View Post
Hi everybody,

My sister has a '69 F250, 2wd. After my sister graduates next year I want to take over the truck and rebuild to the original state. I want to start with the engine this winter. It consumes a lot of oil and I think the intake manifold is leaking. So an engine rebuild seems the right thing to do.

As we don't have the experience, tools, space and time to do an engine rebuild ourselves we are looking for some help with pulling the engine from the truck. We either want to buy a crate engine or take this engine to a machine shop to have it rebuild. Right now I am leaning towards a crate engine.

Would anybody located in the Syracuse area be able to help us pull the engine from the truck and install it again? Of course for a reasonable compensation.

Cheers,

Sebastian & Judith
Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you. Do you have a shop manual for your truck? They have very good detail about engine removal and rebuilding. You can't learn any younger! You can buy all the tools you need and then some for less than the price of someone doing the work for you! Anyone can pay to have it done, but only those who are really living do it them selves! Just my opinion!

Take my advice, I'm not using it!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:57 PM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

Hyperactive460 is starting off with a positive reputation.
wow wish i saw this sooner, i used to work in cuse but just recently got laid off. did you ever get it done ?
Old 10-12-2013, 01:54 AM
New User
1968 Ford F-250

Uh we decided to bring the engine to a machine shop, Route 38 in Newark Valley. Anybody any experience with this company?

The shop will only accept the engine out of the truck and stripped of water pump, oil pump etc. So we still could use someone to lend (for a compensation of course) a hand in getting the engine out of the truck. The project should take place during winter, so no hurry.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

86f250hd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Shoot me a pm I'm in the area
Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > New York Chapter