Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L) 3.5L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6 and 2.0L I4 EcoBoost Engines

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Senior User

mrad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Under 800 miles and already being towed back to dealer

Three weeks ago my dad bought a new F-150 eco-boost. He called me this morning and told me the dealership had to send a tow truck out to tow the truck in. It wouldn't start.

He told me was had a couple times last week where it didn't want to start and after attempted tries, it finally started. Yesterday he went out to start it and could not get the doors to unlock. When he finally did, different lights on the dash would intermittently go on. The truck would not start again and the blinkers and flashers would intermittently go on.

The dealer came out today with a flat bed tow truck. Got it started but could not get it out of park. They finally got in on the truck and hauled it away. Anyone heard of similar issues?

I have a feeling he is going to wish he had purchased on 2014 silverado.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
This certainly isn't an ecoboost problem.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 10-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Senior User

bdmcdonald is starting off with a positive reputation.
Tell him to go buy his Siverado, I'm sure he'll be very happy.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Junior User

PWJE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrad View Post
Three weeks ago my dad bought a new F-150 eco-boost. He called me this morning and told me the dealership had to send a tow truck out to tow the truck in. It wouldn't start.

He told me was had a couple times last week where it didn't want to start and after attempted tries, it finally started. Yesterday he went out to start it and could not get the doors to unlock. When he finally did, different lights on the dash would intermittently go on. The truck would not start again and the blinkers and flashers would intermittently go on.

The dealer came out today with a flat bed tow truck. Got it started but could not get it out of park. They finally got in on the truck and hauled it away. Anyone heard of similar issues?

I have a feeling he is going to wish he had purchased on 2014 silverado.
Id put money on it being something electrical
With the doors not unlocking and the lights it has to be

Id put my money on some kind of electrical control system being falty or their being a bad wiring connection in the truck

It does suck that it had to be towed in and im not gonna make excuses but problems do happen with new cars, trucks, suv's
Think about how many f-150's they make every single day and what a small number actually have problems though and its really small numbers

Your dad will get it all fixed up on fords dime and if he has two more major problems he can file a lemon law claim and get his money back for the truck !

Its all good
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM
Senior User

DutchmanAZ is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's probably a problem with the security system. I've had issues with dealer installed systems in the past, and on other vehicles.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:37 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > EcoBoost (3.5L, 2.0L)