Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1994 F-150 A/C compressor new part number ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:33 PM
bigTEE56
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this on the A/C thread as well.

<hr style="color:#D1D1E1; background-color:#D1D1E1" size="1"> I need to replace my A/C compressor and have been told to only use Motorcraft compressor due to after market failure rates are extremely high.
I have to get the correct compressor and so far have had issues with both dealer and parts houses calling for different compressors. The truck came with factory air and I've seen YC194, YCC112RM, F2UZ19V703FARM etc., etc..

Any ideas? I will most likely order it online due to costs savings and being on a budget. Local shop wants almost $150.00 over the typical costs of $200.00 + on-line for the compressor.

Also need to replace low and high side hoses and prefer factory hoses and have found the low side, but not the liquid(high side) line and drier as Motorcraft parts.
If those are not available as OEM can anyone suggest the next best brand???

I did p/u the orifice so I have one part ready!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:00 PM
blkF250HD
Posting Guru
Whoever told you that aftermarket compressors have a high failure rate must not work on vehicles for a living. Factory Air, Four Seasons, Murray, Bosch, and Denso all make a good product. IMO NAPA carries good quality lines and components. I've had a few fitment issues with the lower end parts from Advance and Autozone, but that was to be expected. The key to getting the system to last is having the correct amount of oil and refrigerant, replacing the drier, and making sure all the contaminants (moisture, air and debris if the compressor blew up) are removed.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 AM
bdelmar2
Senior User
The 'rebuilt' compressor I bought from Napa blew the front seal out in less than 800 miles.

Between the time I bought it, and the time it blew out I had a chance to talk to the counter guy who used to work there. He retired after working there 44 years. Not a misprint, 44 years.

Sadly he retired about 2 months before I bought the rebuilt, or I might have saved some hassle. He basically says the rebuilts are junk, they get returned constantly. But, the new compressors are good, and seldom ever get returned.

And looking back, we have had a couple issues with compressors from napa in the past, we usually try to talk the customers into a new compressor instead of a rebuilt anyway. Normally the price difference isn't that big, and if you have to pay somebody to change it, it just makes sense to go with new, but they don't always do that and may be why we had some issues.

I was trying to save a bit on my truck, and I paid a little over $200 for the rebuilt at our cost. Think it listed for $240. The new compressor listed for around $380 and I got it for around $340 or so. When the rebuilt blew, I just paid the difference and got the new one.

The new compressor worked noticeably better than the rebuilt right away, and is quieter besides.

I guess long story short, even if you are trying to save a buck, get the new compressor from Napa, not the rebuilt. It will save you money in the long run. Also, if you have a problem you can return it to napa without a big hassle.

I ordered a compressor online for a 2001 Sonata one time. I was just fixing the car to resell and didn't want to pay what they wanted for one at Napa. It was around $200 or so for the one online. Took awhile for it to arrive, but not bad - 4 or 5 days I think.

But somewhere along the line UPS managed to drop it hard enough it bent the clutch/pulley through 2 layers of cardboard and packing material. It came as a kit, and the oil bottle was broken, oil all over. Called the company, filed a claim with ups, had to wait for money. They wouldn't send a new compressor until the claim was paid, etc... Ended up buying a compressor from napa anyway. Eventually got my money back, but it took almost 2 months. Not really worth the $100 I was trying to save.

I could have filed a SNAD complaint and got my money back a lot sooner I suppose, but I didn't want to do that because it counts against the seller and it really wasn't his fault. Though I didn't think the company handled it very well, they went from friendly to snotty pretty fast. Also, I think they should have sent me a new compressor as soon as UPS picked up the old one. Was just a lot of hassle all around....

I was able to get all the parts for my truck ac from napa, condenser, evaporator, dryer, compressor, lines, and orfice tube. It is an '88 with factory air.

The people behind the counter told me they couldn't get the lines, but their website listed them, and when I gave them the part number it turns out they could in fact get them, took 3 days and I had to pay a little for shipping though. Still pretty reasonable, like $26 for the manifold and lines, and $8 or $12 for the small line, and $5 or something for shipping.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I used a Sanden and it has worked great so far, they're the OEM brand for a LOT of brands, according to their site this should be your application: Sanden USA