Category: Drivetrain Price: $1 Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing Location (State): CA Item Condition: Used Shipping Information: Item can be shipped Engine: Part suitable for gas truck, Part suitable for diesel truck Part fits:: 1980-1986, 1987-1996
2) Banks WG turbo. This turbo has an interesting history. It works but has a unique quirks. I bought it off ebay some years ago as a "new" unit. It did appear brand new and had never been run, but it was also incompletely and as a I later found had a problem with the wastegate valve seat. (hole in the casting was bigger than the valve disc - ) I was able to repair the wastegate issue with a machined seat insert and fabricated a wastegate actuator and heat shield for the turbo to make it functionally equivalent to the OEM unit. In service it performed well, but seems to make less than expected boost - ~5-6psi @ 2k rpm / 8-9 @ 2750. This is still enough boost to make good power though. My suspicion is that the exhaust housing is not right, probably too large of A/R.
I would say the best use for this unit would be a center housing assembly replacement for a worn/failed turbo - I strongly suspect that th proper exhaust housing found fix the low boost issue I had. Alternatively, it did work well in it's current condition.
The unit was removed to upgrade to a HX35.
3) Slip yoke styple 13-56 t-case. Used unknown condition removed from a junkyard truck. I expect it's in good shape and usable but I can't say for sure. Was bought as an emergency replacement for the truck but I never used it due to driveline issues.
4) Used hydroboost/1 5/16" master cylinder assembly. Removed from a junkyard F-superduty, appears to be in good shape. Includes the brake line adapter fitting and hydroboost to steering box hose.
5) Homemade turbo intake hat - built from a steel pipe cap with a 2" nipple welded in. Worked well with my homebrew turbo setup but a bit oakie looking. I also have the turbo to hat pipe, but it'd only be useful with a similar homebrew setup.
6) Good used vacuum pump with pulley. Removed due to hydroboost conversion but worked well before. I *think* this was a new replacement unit ~5 years ago but can't remember for sure.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.