Mobile Applications

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:49 PM
POORBOY1964
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
I'm not quite sure what you mean glruff. The only thing that should change when that box is ticked is the "sent by" signature. From what I've seen my normal sig gets posted just as it would from a pc. Unticking it just removes that sent by text. As for seeing sigs, on this app I don't see any other than the sent by Sig.

Sent from my HTC One S using IB AutoGroup
it will remove this signature in red if you want

Old 10-07-2013, 10:00 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Unfortunately I can't see the red . I assume you mean the "Sent via HTC One S" thing? I know it removes that. From what glruff was saying it sounded like it made the normal sig show on the app. Slight missunderstanding on my part I guess.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BigF350
Can you try uninstalling/re-downloading/re-installing the app and let us know if it persists?
I reinstalled the app and so far the notifications are working flawlessly. Though, it would be nice to be able to set a "quiet time" so I could leave my phone on and they don't go off all night.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:33 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
I reinstalled the app and so far the notifications are working flawlessly. Though, it would be nice to be able to set a "quiet time" so I could leave my phone on and they don't go off all night.
Isn't that a sound setting on your phone and not from the mobile app?

I know I can turn off sound notifications in the settings of my Motorola Razor Maxx android phone.

Last edited by glruff; 10-08-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:36 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
...... From what glruff was saying it sounded like it made the normal sig show on the app. Slight missunderstanding on my part I guess.

Sorry for my poorly worded response. The normal FTE signature shows on the FULL site, but it does not show in the mobile site posts.

So yes it does eliminate "Sent from my..........." which shows on the FULL site just above the FTE signature.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Isn't that a sound setting on your phone and not from the mobile app?

I know I can turn off sound notifications in the settings of my Motorola Razor Maxx android phone.
Yes, but the app seems to come through regardless of how I set the phone. I'll have to fiddle with it some more and see if I can make it work. I use another app (Llama) to manage notifications and I may be able to silence it with that.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
I have a setting under sound, Software Update Alert, which I unchecked because of so many facebook notices for friends posts. Sounded like the phone was ringing all of the time.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM
POORBOY1964
Senior User
Unfortunately I can't see the red . I assume you mean the "Sent via HTC One S" thing? I know it removes that. From what glruff was saying it sounded like it made the normal sig show on the app. Slight missunderstanding on my part I guess.

My bad I was was the one misunderstanding, I thought I saw a place to turn signature off and on now I can't find it.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I don't ever get notifications from the app... I don't think I ever set it to send them. I get fb notis and texts already. If it would help anyone I can get screen shots of some of the features to hemp get an idea of what to look for. I don't know of it would help anyone but it wouldn't take me long. Anyways if that's something someone would like, I guess post here or pm? Or something.

Old 10-08-2013, 04:24 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Great idea Dylan. Go for it!

Old 10-08-2013, 04:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by glruff
Great idea Dylan. Go for it!
Sounds good, I'll get started on it

Old 10-08-2013, 04:53 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
GETTING RID OF/ACTIVATING THE SIGNATURE ON THE IB APP

So in order to get rid of the signature on the IB autogroup app you have to explore into the settings. Mind you, this signature is the one that says "Sent from my (your phone model) using IB AutoGroup" NOT your signature for FTE.

So you start off at this screen, where you pick the thread you want to read.

At the bottom of your screen you might have these 3 vertical dots. If you do click that.

If you do not have those dots press your back button till you see this home screen

You will see that little settings option. Click on that and you should see a screen like this

You can change a few different settings. One is the background color, I changed mine to the dark setting. It's easier on my eyes.

Once on that screen scroll down and you'll see this

You can activate or de-activate the signature there. After activating it you can click on the text below it to change what you want the sig to say. Mine used to say the exact model of my phone, something like HTC One_VLU or something.

As far as I am aware that option is deactivated from the beginning and besides myself I haven't seen anyone else using it. Anyways, that's how to do that, as for the notifications I did a quick search and may have found a solution. Every phone is different in it's own way, but if you can, find this in your settings for your phone.

Click on the one that says "Apps"

You should see a list of the apps on your phone. Find the IB Autogroup app.

After clicking on that app, you should see this screen

Try unticking the "show notifications" option. For me it did nothing but I don't get notifications for it either way. If it helps for you, good, if not... I tried.

Good luck and if you need more pictures I can get them!

Old 10-24-2013, 11:30 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
So I was wondering if it was possible to get info on future update features? Things I'd like to see if it matters are profile messages, a bit of optimizations maybe? And a bit more options in the profile. Things like viewing/accepting/denying chapter join requests, and the picture uploading needs a tune up. 2/3 tries the photo will upload then be removed with a message saying the application has crashed.

I know the deal are working hard on it but these are just things that would be nice to see later down the road. If there is another place to post these kinds of things, I'll be glad to post it there and edit/remove this post. Thanks!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I know they are working on picture uploading.

I can't foresee the inclusion of the chapter join requests etc.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:40 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
It sure would be nice... Then again it also helps if I remember myself. My memory is terrible!

Quick Reply: Mobile Applications