Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:ncheavymetal

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2013, 02:46 PM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Fall 2013 General BS Thread

Fall is upon us.

Got any hunting or fishing stories and photos to share. I hope to have some to share in the near future.

Anyone been to any good car or truck shows lately?

Who has modified what recently?

Anyone into blackpowder? Getting my muzzleloader cleaned up and sighted in to be ready for them deers.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 09-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Morning James and Charlie!!!

-THe Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 180k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 96K miles (wifey's)
Old 10-12-2013, 07:56 PM
NC Chapter Czar

ncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to allncheavymetal is a name known to all
Something with four wheels followed me home:

Little pony in the stable. 3.8l v6, 5 speed manual, rag top. This is my wife's new toy. Needs a few odds and ends but she runs well so far.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 10-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Posting Guru

fuzzy1626 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice. Hope she enjoys it.
Tony,1994 F250 XLT ext. cab,long bed,7.3 IDI factory turbo,4x4,manual hubs,E4OD,4.10 gears,Hayden 679 trans. cooler,coolant filter, manual glowplugs,TruxPort tonneau cover,straight piped,190,000 miles and counting. 88 Ranger 2.0, 5 speed,147,000 mi.,bought new.NC Chapter Member,IUE Retired, NRA Life Member,USMC.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Anyone going to the civil wars shootout at the rock next weekend? I may head down Friday and camp and stay all day Saturday. Or I may just make a day trip out of it. Car show and vendors on Saturday plus qualifying most of the day.
Join the NC Chapter
Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Afternoon James, Tony and Charlie

-The Great
Old 10-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT
It's Friday!!! Woot Woot!!!!

-The Great
Old 10-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Posting Guru

Howdy Clint.
Tony,1994 F250 XLT ext. cab,long bed,7.3 IDI factory turbo,4x4,manual hubs,E4OD,4.10 gears,Hayden 679 trans. cooler,coolant filter, manual glowplugs,TruxPort tonneau cover,straight piped,190,000 miles and counting. 88 Ranger 2.0, 5 speed,147,000 mi.,bought new.NC Chapter Member,IUE Retired, NRA Life Member,USMC.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal View Post
Anyone going to the civil wars shootout at the rock next weekend? I may head down Friday and camp and stay all day Saturday. Or I may just make a day trip out of it. Car show and vendors on Saturday plus qualifying most of the day.
I guess I'm done going to the Civil Wars. Missed the last three. Made two a year for six years so I've had a good run..lol
Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626 View Post
Howdy Clint.
Evening Tony

-THe Great
Old 10-21-2013, 05:50 AM
Posting Guru

Morning Clint
Old 10-22-2013, 03:28 PM
NC Chapter Czar

Getting a little whistle/whine from the back of the motor on the 3.8l pony. Goes away when I depress the clutch. Is my throwout bearing starting to go? If so should I go ahead and replace the plates and disc? The rear seal has a little weep already but that gets replaced when I drop the housing. Or will I need to do more to fix that?

I think this is something I can do myself although it will probably take me five times longer then a shop. Been a long time since I fiddled with a car clutch. Motorbike clutches are a piece of cake. I've replaced several on several types of bikes. But this is a different animal and my confidence isn't that high.

Advice from the gear heads of ncfte? Any comments from the peanut gallery?
Join the NC Chapter
Old 10-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Elder User

wp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to allwp120470 is a name known to all
I got your back brother. We could pick a Saturday and roll down to Smithfield and we can put it up on the lift and pull the tranny and replace it all in one day with no problems. As long as we have all the parts we need it shouldn't be too bad. God knows I have got enough tools for the job. It should have a hydrolic throw out bearing it would smart to put a new one in while the tranny is out. It's only 2 more bolts holding it in. The pilot bearings are famous for getting dry and squeaking on the fords so it will be a pain to get out but not a major deal at the shop. Let me know. I would be glad to help out if I can.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:20 AM
NC Chapter Czar

Dang man. That's super nice of you to offer your time and shop. Maybe we can discuss this further at the dinner next week. We can get a parts list together and set a date to do it. Much appreciated. I'll figure out a way to compensate you for your efforts. Gift card to the café risqué on 95?
Join the NC Chapter
Old 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Senior User

Crunk has a good reputation on FTE.Crunk has a good reputation on FTE.
Good afternoon guys! I bought an excursion recently so it's about that time to start working on it and put the mustang up for sale. I'm going to miss her.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > North Carolina Chapter