6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Spartan tuner gauge skin loading

Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Booma
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spartan tuner gauge skin loading

Looking for some help in getting a modified new skin loaded into my DashDaq XL. I downloaded the skin editor program which had some pre-made skins already available. I took one (neon) and modified it to be more readable for my old eyes.

Looked good to me so I saved it and copied it to the transfer folder on my SD card. Inserted the SD card into my DashDaq and selected the settings, media, upload cues but the file wasn't displayed.

I noticed that the available files all had ".ddskin" file extensions. The one I made using the skin editor was just a ".skin" file extension. So I renamed it as a .ddskin file and tried again.

This time the DashDaq recognized the file and when I uploaded it I received a cue saying that the file transfer or upload was successful (can't remember exactly which). But when I went back to guages and scrolled through all the available gauge layouts the one Intransfered wasn't there.

What am I doing wrong? Any idea's?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Booma
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to reply to my own question so anyone searching for the answer I was hoping to receive is available to them.

What I was doing wrong was saving the file after I made/altered it without compiling it first. When you are finished drafting your theme/skin go to the tab to the right of the normal "file" tab you are familiar with at the top of the page labeled "build". In the dropdown select "compile". The window below the area where you build your gauge will report that the compile was successful. Then take your mouse to that area and highlight the filename at the bottom that ends with the .ddskin file extension and save it to your transfer folder on your SD card that you can take to your truck and upload to your DashDaq.

Don't know why this procedure isn't available in a users manual or something. I had to get it off of an unaffiliated website. But Share, Share, Share.