Utah Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Nichalicious

Steering issue highboy

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:01 AM
wooddyusa
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you end up getting another let me know. I love to ride. Planning on an ironbutt ride next spring.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Bigal84088
Senior User
For sure I'm planning to get a new bike before summer.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:53 AM
Bigal84088
Senior User
Hey T.J. did you get you're Truck back yet? If so how is it running?

Old 12-19-2013, 03:34 PM
wooddyusa
Senior User
I did. I finally got it back last week. She runs good. Just made some adjustments to the new carb I installed to get her to pass. The safety stuff just killed me though. New leaf springs and shackles and ubolts/hardware in the rear. Fixed the steering knuckle issue, new brakes and cylinders all around, lights diagnosed and repaired, tailpipes installed. Its renewed until next year!! Yea. Now to start paying off the Visa!! Ouch. Hows your rig running? Any work planned for next year on it?

Old 12-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Bigal84088
Senior User
I've been there I'm still paying off one card but I'm glad I don't have to do emissions on my truck anymore with my new plates that let me get away without an emission inspection. But I had them bring mine up to Safety but it was worth it. I plan on getting the old girl lifted (Finally) but I am going to put in a 4 barrel & a few off roading performance parts. Also I might buy a new bigger engine from a guy for $350 instead of my 351 Modified I'm thinking of putting in 400 Modified. How about yourself any other plans for yours?

Old 12-23-2013, 06:18 PM
wooddyusa
Senior User
Cool man. You'll have to tell me more about the emissions exemption you've got. That's interesting. I need to work on exhaust gasket leaks. Sounds terrible. I'll probably put some headers on when I go to fix those. I'm not sure yet...Once those are fixed it should be as quiet as it can get, besides the true duals that sound pretty good now. I'm holding off on an intake and 4bbl carb for now. It's got a new 2bbl on it with a stock intake and it runs really good. No oil leaks now either. Finally got the valve covers to stop leaking. I've got body work I need to work on. Replace some rusted spots and cab corners. I'll probably wait until spring when the bike is back out. New seals around windows at some point then paint someday. Seriously considering the rustoleum paint job I've seen here on the forums. That's a way out though. Gotta pay this recent work off too. Now that I've had it back. I'm very happy with the quality of work they did at carbmaster. They fixed a couple things I didn't even realize. I think it was a result of the electrical issues they worked out. I gotta get my dash put back together too. Hopefully tomorrow. I've got to take my dash pad in to get recovered too. It's probably going back on as is for now....lol. Sorry about the rambling...I'm excited to have it back in the driveway.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Bigal84088
Senior User
Yeah the plate is nice here is what I just copied off the DMV's website the plate is called "Vintage Vehicle"

This plate identifies a vehicle at least 30 years old, is primarily a collector's item, and used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses, but is not used for general daily transportation. This plate may be personalized with up to 5 alphanumeric characters by submitting Form TC-817 with the required personalization fee. A vintage vehicle, as defined in Utah Code 41-21-1, qualifies for an exemption from safety and emission inspections.

Requirements:
$15 Special Plate Fee
No Annual Contribution
Identifiable into one of two categories
30 year vintage vehicles: 30-39 years old
40 year vintage vehicles: 40 years and older

It's a great plate to have especially with our trucks that can have a hard time passing but you can go get it at anytime but it really nice to have and I highly recommend getting it.

I did the Rustoleum for a while until it kept chipping off. If you can down the road after you get things paid off you should get your truck dipped like mine. They can have it done in 24hrs & for one week you can't wash it but after that you can take it to get pressured washed but it helps protect the body until you want to get an official paint job done. Mine cost me $500 flat payment no tax but the reason mine cost $500 is I got that Electric lime green but if you just want flat black or a more standerd color the price can be a little cheaper. But check out their website dipkings.com & they have a Facebook page too.

Yeah I got to call carbmaster tomorrow and get the old girl in because my old mechanic who I will never go to again screwed up my power steering and so I am going to see if they can take a look and fix it but I will have some more payments for the credit card haha

Old 01-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Twanstyle
Junior User
Originally Posted by Bigal84088
Yeah the plate is nice here is what I just copied off the DMV's website the plate is called "Vintage Vehicle"

This plate identifies a vehicle at least 30 years old, is primarily a collector's item, and used for participation in club activities, exhibitions, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses, but is not used for general daily transportation. This plate may be personalized with up to 5 alphanumeric characters by submitting Form TC-817 with the required personalization fee. A vintage vehicle, as defined in Utah Code 41-21-1, qualifies for an exemption from safety and emission inspections.

Requirements:
$15 Special Plate Fee
No Annual Contribution
Identifiable into one of two categories
30 year vintage vehicles: 30-39 years old
40 year vintage vehicles: 40 years and older

It's a great plate to have especially with our trucks that can have a hard time passing but you can go get it at anytime but it really nice to have and I highly recommend getting it.
read this carefully

that one thing there can and will get your truck impounded
(can vouch for had to do it when i was working towing)

and possibly the plates revoked
(from what i have been told but not confirmed)