Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2013, 09:26 PM
Senior User

montey2005 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.montey2005 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
daxrizo
GPS not working

Have a 2012 f250 with MyTouch and yesterday I noticed the GPS has no signal. I've looked for the "hard" reset but can't find it. I'm hoping that's all I need but if anyone has had the same experience please chime in. Instructions on hard reset would be welcomed please.
Thanks
Old 09-18-2013, 07:19 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Moving thread to Ford In-Vehicle Tech forum to get you some help.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
There is a TSB for certain models of vehicle, like my 2013 Taurus, there is an update to the GPSM (GPS module) software to cure an issue like this one. There was also a TSB (not for the F-series that I know of though) where the GPSM was too close to some other module, and fitting a revised mounting bracket fixed it. Then, there are people who report that the satellite antenna needed to be replaced.

I've found that even though a "master reset" was done through the MyTouch screen, it doesn't completely reset everything. The only way to get everything in one shot is to disconnect the battery for a 1/2 hour or more and then reconnect and see if it helps.

In my Taurus, the SiriusXM traffic display wouldn't get data, and a master reset didn't clear it up. The only thing that worked was pulling the battery cable. Of course, I probably could have found the fuse to the navigation system, but it was easier to disconnect the battery for an hour

If you have the time, take it to a dealer and let them handle it.

Disconnect the battery first though, and report back !
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 AM
Senior User

montey2005 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.montey2005 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
daxrizo
thanks. I took it to the dealer and it turns out the connector under the headliner rattled loose and it could not be fitted back on so a new one was put in. I guess too much off-roading but I'd rather find these items now while it's under warranty.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by montey2005 View Post
thanks. I took it to the dealer and it turns out the connector under the headliner rattled loose and it could not be fitted back on so a new one was put in. I guess too much off-roading but I'd rather find these items now while it's under warranty.
Excellent! Good luck with it
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 09-19-2013, 11:45 AM