Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ford In-Vehicle Tech Discussion area for Ford Sync, Sync AppLink, MyFord Touch, Ford Supplied SiriusXM Radio, Ford Work Solutions, etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Junior User

street rodder is starting off with a positive reputation.
My Ford Touch

I have a 13 F250 that I bought in April. No problems with anything until last week. The screen in my truck stopped working. The screen is on and all the functions seem to be working with the buttons, but no touch screen. My dealer has had it for a week and they don't know what the problem is. The service writer told my wife possably a software issue.
Have any of you seen or heard of this problem?
Whats my next option?
Old 09-13-2013, 10:27 AM
Junior User

Any ford reps out there?
Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
The screen is just blank? Sounds more like the screen backlight or something related went out.

If you shine a flashlight at an angle onto it, can you see any graphics?
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 09-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
The screen is just blank? Sounds more like the screen backlight or something related went out.

If you shine a flashlight at an angle onto it, can you see any graphics?
It works as normal. It is on and displays everything as if there were no problem. I just can't touch the screen to get it to do anything. If you use the *****, the screen will change.
The touch part just quit.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Junior User

Some one at Ford told the tech at the dealership to change the antenna, does that sound wright?
Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
What would the antenna have to do with the touch screen?

There is a recalibration procedure for the touch screen buried in the diagnostics. I would try that first.

If it still doesn't work, well, I think it's time to replace the touch screen.

Not sure why they are having such a hard time with something so simple.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewat View Post
What would the antenna have to do with the touch screen?

There is a recalibration procedure for the touch screen buried in the diagnostics. I would try that first.

If it still doesn't work, well, I think it's time to replace the touch screen.

Not sure why they are having such a hard time with something so simple.

You can't get to the diagnostic. I think it's time fix my truck, ths is freakin crazy.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by street rodder View Post
You can't get to the diagnostic. I think it's time fix my truck, ths is freakin crazy.
Wait, the Ford dealer can't get into the diagnostics themselves?

Something is wrong.

On my Taurus, I hold the CD eject button and hit the right-seek button and hold for a few seconds, and it goes right in. Not sure what your truck has for a sound system and if it's the same procedure, but worth a try.

But again, if they can't fix it, and it's taken this long to get nothing done, it might be worth a call to Ford customer service 1-800 line and start complaining (nicely)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Junior User

Well the Antena didn't fix the problem, emagine that.
Why would you change the Antena on a vehicle with touch screen problems. And take two weeks to do it. (WTF)
I'd fire some one for their incompetence.
So I have a $50,000 Truck sitting at a dealership that I'm paying for and can't use or drive.
Does anyone know where I can submit my truck payment to Ford?
I did call the 1-800 number as well as communicate with a Ford rep here.
If all you have to do is guess at a problem, hell I want a job with Ford.

"You got a tranny problem, let's put some tires on it."
Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Junior User

Today has been a month. I did hear from the dealership and they were trying another part. So far 1 antenna and 1 module.
My hope is fading fast.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 AM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
They've had it a month over a head unit issue?!?!?! Why are they not replacing the unit?

I'd be all over PM'ing Ford customer service here and see what they say about it. I'd recommend seeing a different dealer in the future as well. If they can't figure this out, imagine if you had motor/drivetrain issues, yikes.

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
They've had it a month over a head unit issue?!?!?! Why are they not replacing the unit?

I'd be all over PM'ing Ford customer service here and see what they say about it. I'd recommend seeing a different dealer in the future as well. If they can't figure this out, imagine if you had motor/drivetrain issues, yikes.
That's exactally what I thought.
The dealership is working with a Ford Engineer on the touch screen issue. I really don't know why it takes them a week to make a decision at a time.
I've been talking with a Ford Customer Service Manager, so far I'm still baffled at how they run their buisness and make the decisions they make.
Well see what happens next.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 AM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
You have much more patience than me. How ridiculous.

Have you contacted Crystal (Ford Cust. Serv.) here on FTE? She can usually pull some strings to escalate it. Not sure if it would help but I'd be looking for any avenue to escalate something like this.

I guess this a question for the mods. I don't understand this sub-forum, why isn't the Ford IVT Team intervening or responding? Or is that not the objective of this forum?

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
Old 10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000silverbullet View Post
You have much more patience than me. How ridiculous.

Have you contacted Crystal (Ford Cust. Serv.) here on FTE? She can usually pull some strings to escalate it. Not sure if it would help but I'd be looking for any avenue to escalate something like this.

I guess this a question for the mods. I don't understand this sub-forum, why isn't the Ford IVT Team intervening or responding? Or is that not the objective of this forum?
I was already contacted by the IVT team here, they're the ones that kicked it up to the Customer Service Manager I'm talking to.
I had a call today from the dealership, my truck is supposed to be fixed.
I'll check it out and post up when I do.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:25 PM

That's good to hear, good luck!

Matt
Old 10-03-2013, 04:25 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Audio & Video Systems, Navigation, Satellite Radio & Mobile Electronics > Ford In-Vehicle Tech