Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2013, 05:01 PM
New User

Tanith is starting off with a positive reputation.
Under the Cargo Floor

Does any one have photographs of what is under the cargo floor of the 2011 Transit Connect XLT? I'm planning customization for dog shows and wondering if there is useable space there. Could I cut a "trap door" in the floor and store things under it? I'd really like a picture since what is currently installed will be a chore to remove just to see that there is nothing useful to be done with it.

Thanks
Old 09-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Elder User

pbeering is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pbeering is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Nothing under my '12 but sheet metal. No clearance anyway. Ranger and Allied have a lot of upfit solutions already figured out for these (bulkheads, racks, shelves, etc.) The Ranger book has a very helpful layout guide with measurements.

There is a little space behind the seats, but not tons. I have a blanket and a couple of signs between the seats and the bulkhead.
'12 Transit Connect Java Van
I don't get muddy, don't get dusty, don't pull trailers, but do play in the snow and ice.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:39 PM
New User

Thanks. Camping use is pretty different from cargo use so the commercial solutions didn't tell me much. I've researched the heck out of those. My experience so far is that sometimes what I want done hasn't been done because there was no convergence of the right circumstance and someone who thought to do it.

It puzzles me that the front seat floor is so much lower than the floor behind and yet there is "no clearance." I was hoping to stow some long, thin items that are used primarily for unexpected situations but only a few times a year. Oh well.

In my research I don't recall coming across anything called a "Ranger" book. A layout guide might be just what I need.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Elder User

pbeering is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pbeering is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ranger is an upfit company. Several of the upfit outfits have racks that can hold things other than conduit....

I think I remember someone was doing a camper package.

see http://www.missioncoffee.org/Articles.asp?ID=6 for what I did.

The rear area has various exhaust and suspension components under it.
'12 Transit Connect Java Van
I don't get muddy, don't get dusty, don't pull trailers, but do play in the snow and ice.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM
New User

You vehicle looks great. I think I've got my answer, appreciate your time.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:45 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect