Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Power Loss. FOund Solution!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 11:45 PM
DHamSTER
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Loss. FOund Solution!

early last week I took my PCM out to get the codes off of it for the chip I plan to get. Anyway, a few days after doing that I was cruising down the road and my truck did a quick nose dive with power loss. I thought nothing of it. I was on my home Sunday night and the truck did the nose dive again. So I started to slow down, because I had to turn, and decided to come to a complete stop and maybe do an acceleration test to see if it would do it again, the truck had just been started after 24 hours. Once I cam to a complete stop I looked down at the dash, my RPMs were at zero and the battery light had come on. The truck was completely dead. I turned the truck off completely and turned on to where the plugs kicked in, waited until the light went off and it rolled over just fine.
Once I got home I called my buddy, Diehardstroker, we talked for probably an hour and couldn't come up with a solution so I told him if it happens again I would let him know. I was on my way home from work yesterday and my truck took the nose dive power loss again and this time the check engine light came on. The instant I saw that light come on I knew it had to be the PCM! I remembered when Diehardstroker first tried to install his chip the truck wouldn't start and the check engine light was on because of a bad connection. I called him back to tell him it did it again and while I was on the phone I figured why not start the truck up again. I started it up just fine, no lights, I barely touched and moved the PCM and it shut the truck off. I found the problem!! I tightened down the nut under the hood, started the truck back up, shook the PCM and I went on merry way!

I just thought I would fill everyone in on my issue and solution! It had me worried for a second. If It kept doing it I definitely would have had to make a thread asking all of you.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:50 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I can just see that conversation taking place:

DHamSTER: "Ever since I pulled my module out to look at it, I keep nose-diving".

Forum: "You've got a screw loose."

Old 09-10-2013, 09:51 AM
diehardstroker
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it would've helped if I remembered while we were on the phone that you took the pcm out a week ago! I didnt consider it either cause there was no check engine light the first time it happened, good thing is you know your truck isn't going to shut off when ur doing 70 on the highway!