Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM
New User

mikeys97ExpEddieB is starting off with a positive reputation.
1997 expedition eddie bauer firewall pass thru!!

1997 expedition eddie bauer firewall pass thru!!

Good God I have had a time with this project.. 1st, (like many others owners of these) the subwoofer in right rear quarter panel interior is blown and I have all torn apart. lol I found the speakers cardboard gone completely, So I buy an 8inch sub on Amazon.com a JBL rated to 800 watts for I believe 40.00 some dollars on sale, it arrived and I had to modifie the large plastic sub box, that was easy for me, then installed sub and hooked up the factory AMP= NO GOOD so I Bought a sweet "Boss mono block 1100 watt amp" I know its not really 1100 watts point is its perfect for the sub I bought and this thing should sound damn good if I could now get past going thru the firewall to battery on right front, so I want to go thru right or" passenger side".

Problem is when you look on rt side firewall engine side, I see nothing and if you know these puppies their is all kinds of stuff on interior side looking up under dash and under carpet is an insulation mat with a cardboard backing, so not easy to see firewall or floor . I am installing an 8 gauge wire thru this firewall and I hope to not have to drill thru unless I really must. Yes I have already tried spitting on my finger and rubbing all over firewall searching for that perfect hole, just turns finger black lmao I'm sure someone out there in lala land knows how to get thru this part?

one more question if I may be so bold lol, on the wiring from the factory amp, can I use the remote wire from that wiring, can I jump off that for the switched positive? its called the remote, go figure... my amps instruction read to connect main power to battery with fuze, i got a 8 gauge kit, so the other is when switched and I'm keeping the new amp inside that interior panel so I will ground it right there but the remote wire? the speaker wire on that harness that went to factory amp, which is what there, color coding? I cant find diagram for those wires, any body have it?
thanks,
Mike

PS. had three disc in my neck replaced with three bone grafts a plate and 8 screws so I'm unmotivated as **** on a bull, hard to lay on back looking up under stuff and too cheap to pay someone else 100.00 buck to do it for me, plus I have been an auto body man and painter for 38 years...This should be much easier lmfao... now tired from posting
Old 09-09-2013, 05:53 PM