6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

6.0 new hpop 22 psi icp reading

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 02:18 AM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
Just reread your first post and you said you checked the hpop sytem for leaks. Did you command the ipr closed during the leak test with a 12 volt short to close the ipr valve? If it didn't close, you can usually hear the air passing the ipr valve and into the crankcase because the default value of the ipr is open. If the valve is toast, you should be hearing air leakage during the test if you are commanding it closed.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:22 AM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
If there is no hpo leak, unplug the icp and see if it cranks in default mode. If so, it could be s bad icp or wiring to the icp.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:24 PM
DieselDowdy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have to energize ipr to leak test the HPO system ! no way around that. i could write a book on what Diag ive done on this 6.0 spoke .....look it comes down to this, IF i have base oil pressure which i DO the resviour should supply the HPOP with oil .
if the truck is cold well then 84.75 is YES almost complete closed and expected with the ICP reading i have! Is my IPR bad NO, why beacuse when did HPO leak test i heard it thump when commanded by VCM2 also while HPOP was removed i inspected and tested IPR for defects. I DONT CARE IF THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE SIDE OF THE OIL RAIL 22 PSI REPERSENTS BAD HPOP !!!! so where im with this ive made stand pipes there a plugged shut to to cut off oil supply to rails ive extended ICP wiring Harness to extened over to Hpop and check HPO via ICP SENSOR on top of the HPOP Ill post results on monday with pics

Old 09-14-2013, 09:03 PM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
I'm sorry, I couldn't follow you at all.

I know 99% of the time, an air test will indicate a leak in the hpop if it is bad. At 22 psi, you have a major leak unless you are trying to pump air or your ipr is open. Lots of people trying to help, but sounds like you've got the answers you're looking for. Good luck

Old 09-14-2013, 09:10 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
so you slam a ckp in it but wont try swaping in a knowen good ipr.

any idea how many time times i heard " the relay clicks it must be good"

22psi can be caused from anypart of the low or high pressure system failing. been there done that

Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM
run6.0run
Postmaster
Exact thought as me Bryan. If your ipr is over 80%, well nevermind. Good luck. You come on here with an inability to get a 6.0 running, then come across like you know it all. Good luck with that.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by DieselDowdy
you have to energize ipr to leak test the HPO system ! no way around that. i could write a book on what Diag ive done on this 6.0 spoke .....look it comes down to this, IF i have base oil pressure which i DO the resviour should supply the HPOP with oil .

Then if your Shure of this^^ then No Need for any LPOP Work

Here is from his other Thread

im looking for a write up on lpop R and R for the 6.0 along with any advice for any time savers.
Here is the Link

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1267638-lpop-removal-and-install-write-up.html

. I DONT CARE IF THERE WAS A HOLE IN THE SIDE OF THE OIL RAIL 22 PSI REPERSENTS BAD HPOP !!!!

Are you 100% Shure on this^^

Maybe I see things differently Not knowing all the Diagnostic testing that's been Done Correctly and what results are

Your on the 3rd HPOP Right??? Just for this Repair Alone??

Maybe Im confussed that's EAASY Enough to do but I don't see the 4th HPOP being the ticket to getting it to work again. Unless there is some underlying Factor and the Pumps are getting Damaged upon install

Old 09-14-2013, 09:40 PM
DieselDowdy
Senior User
Are any of the last three posters 6.0 ford certified ???
Hmm ok
The ipr better almost be closed if the icp is reading 22 psi . It seems like most 6.0 forum trolls are quick to condemn a part and swap in with a " known good part " . No leak in the hpo system can cause that big of leak to the point of 22 psi ! It's absolutely ridiculous to even think that especially after a leak test ! With 22 psi I would be looking at ipr. Expect. For the fact that its good( clean screen , free moving plunger and its pretty new ) oh did I mention you can watch it work if you commanded it to while holding it in your hand! As for the 3 sarcastic forum troll posters , where your ford certs ??? Wanna see mine !

Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 PM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
Benny, I thought I read that he had it under control and was writting books on how to fix 6.0s by relocating the icp up beside the ipr on the hpop and trying numerous hpops only to find they're all bad.

I'm looking forward to reading his book. I'm sure it will have a chapter about replacing a ckp needlessly because of code resulting from long cranks.

BTW, I've got a PhD.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:48 PM
DieselDowdy
Senior User
Neg 2 Cardone remans installed from the same parts place . You know assumptions make *********s right ?? I'm looking to see if there's a write on lpop r and r cause I'm gonna do a write up with pics . Nice try troll

Old 09-14-2013, 09:52 PM
DieselDowdy
Senior User
I did go much into ckp code that I got but your a flat out idiot . There are as arm ckp codes that represent ckp problems , would you mind tell us why I replaced the ckp ?? That was dumbest post to date about ckp being replaced . You seem to have a huge hunger for your foot !

Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 PM
DieselDowdy
Senior User
I asked for ford certs not a paid for phd ! Troll answer up

Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 PM
BryanStein
Fleet Mechanic
I really do hope you get it fixed, DD. But there are some great people on this forum with lots of knowledge. You posted for help and that's all anyone tried to do until you started telling everyone how much you knew and how wrong they were to try and help, just because they requested more info on how you conducted your testing. Well please accept my apology for questioning your methods, but you didn't offer a lot of info to begin with.

I truly wish you good luck, but my offer to help is obviously not needed.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
Are any of the last three posters 6.0 ford certified ???
Hmm ok
!

Yes They Was POST #20 Cheezit

Old 09-14-2013, 10:44 PM
gwg42
Senior User
I have followed this thread since the original posts. The HPOP system is just one part of the engine that I would like to have a more in-depth knowledge of diagnosis and details of conducting testing procedures. It would be a big help to perhaps more than me if there was more clear detail in the questions and in the responses as well. It is usually quicker to understand a well written problem statement and subsequent questions and answers without trying to figure out what are misspellings, punctuation problems, or cryptic statements. This post is perhaps one that won’t be held up as one of the best at effectively solving a problem. When I have had questions or problems, there have always been great responses. The burden is on the OP to communicate clearly.

Quick Reply: 6.0 new hpop 22 psi icp reading