Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Senior User

royb is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power Fold Mirror RELAY location ?????

anyone know the relay location for the power folding mirror in a 2010 F150 FX4 ?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you are talking about the fold mechanism itself, there is no relay. The fold motors are controlled directly by the Driver's Seat Module (DSM.)

There is a relay for the heat function. It is located in the Battery Junction Box and is shown in the diagram in the owner's manual.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMe View Post
If you are talking about the fold mechanism itself, there is no relay. The fold motors are controlled directly by the Driver's Seat Module (DSM.)

There is a relay for the heat function. It is located in the Battery Junction Box and is shown in the diagram in the owner's manual.

thats not what im talking about. there is relay between the power fold switch on door and the mirros
Old 09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
If you are trying to add power fold mirrors to a truck that originally doesn't have them...it will not work. Here is a question asked to the Ford Hotline:

From the Owner:

does any one no were the relay for power fold mirrors get installed on a 2012 f150 xlt just added power fold mirrors with heat and puddle lamps took off tow mirrors went to ford dealer he said i need to buy relay 8c3z14n089a What slot under hood does it plug into not in any manual being I don't have memory seat he said that will take care of the issue and nothing needs to program it schould be plug and play

(Pasted exactly as written, not my grammar or misspellings...lol)

Hotline Assistance Request 106060977
Contact Date: Technician: P&A Code: Vehicle:
1/28/2013 10:34:32 AM Anthony Penland
F-SERIES LD
VIN:
R. O. Number:
1FTFX1CT3CKE36321 80868
Request Form Details: Description of Vehicle Concern:
Customer wants to add power folding mirrors.
Diagnostics Performed:
Looked at wiring diagrams
Parts Replaced:
NA

Technician's Question:
Is it possible to add power folding mirrors to this F150? I see no Dealer accessories for power folding mirrors and I see they run through the drivers door module.
Additional Comments

Comment From: Ford Comment Date: 1/28/2013 11:26:10 AM
Anthony,
Replacing the factory equipped exterior mirrors with OEM power folding mirrors is not recommended or supported.
Due to differences in module configuration and wiring harness circuits, the power folding mirrors will not function if added to a vehicle that was not originally equipped with them.

Otherwise from what I read FireMe has answered you correctly that there is no relay...it is controlled through the drivers seat DSM.

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:32 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceValium View Post
If you are trying to add power fold mirrors to a truck that originally doesn't have them...it will not work. Here is a question asked to the Ford Hotline:

From the Owner:

does any one no were the relay for power fold mirrors get installed on a 2012 f150 xlt just added power fold mirrors with heat and puddle lamps took off tow mirrors went to ford dealer he said i need to buy relay 8c3z14n089a What slot under hood does it plug into not in any manual being I don't have memory seat he said that will take care of the issue and nothing needs to program it schould be plug and play

(Pasted exactly as written, not my grammar or misspellings...lol)

Hotline Assistance Request 106060977
Contact Date: Technician: P&A Code: Vehicle:
1/28/2013 10:34:32 AM Anthony Penland
F-SERIES LD
VIN:
R. O. Number:
1FTFX1CT3CKE36321 80868
Request Form Details: Description of Vehicle Concern:
Customer wants to add power folding mirrors.
Diagnostics Performed:
Looked at wiring diagrams
Parts Replaced:
NA

Technician's Question:
Is it possible to add power folding mirrors to this F150? I see no Dealer accessories for power folding mirrors and I see they run through the drivers door module.
Additional Comments

Comment From: Ford Comment Date: 1/28/2013 11:26:10 AM
Anthony,
Replacing the factory equipped exterior mirrors with OEM power folding mirrors is not recommended or supported.
Due to differences in module configuration and wiring harness circuits, the power folding mirrors will not function if added to a vehicle that was not originally equipped with them.

Otherwise from what I read FireMe has answered you correctly that there is no relay...it is controlled through the drivers seat DSM.

Actually there is a relay and the 2010 F150 Platinum has power folding mirrors.
The Ford "hotline" is a JOKE and can't answer custom questions. I had raced a 2005 Mustang I put a supercharger on and 6 speed and twin fuel pumps from ford and the hotline was worthless.
there is a few folks on another forum that did the conversion on a 2005 & 2008 they did some custom wiring. Im just going to copy the platinum set up.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Elder User

FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.FireMe has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well, for the second time I just looked through the wiring for the power fold mirrors and don't see a relay anywhere except in the heater circuits. The power fold motor in each mirror is controlled through the Driver's Seat Module on circuits CPM-39 and CPM-04 and runs through connectors C341C, C219 (on some models,) and C521 at the mirror.

The DSM gets the fold signal directly from the power mirror switch through circuit CPM22. It goes through connectors C527, C219 (on some models,) C300, and C341C at the DSM.

If you find out where that relay is, make sure you come back and update this thread and I will show Ford so they can update their wiring diagrams.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMe View Post
Well, for the second time I just looked through the wiring for the power fold mirrors and don't see a relay anywhere except in the heater circuits. The power fold motor in each mirror is controlled through the Driver's Seat Module on circuits CPM-39 and CPM-04 and runs through connectors C341C, C219 (on some models,) and C521 at the mirror.

The DSM gets the fold signal directly from the power mirror switch through circuit CPM22. It goes through connectors C527, C219 (on some models,) C300, and C341C at the DSM.

If you find out where that relay is, make sure you come back and update this thread and I will show Ford so they can update their wiring diagrams.

Okay if you say so

I know there is a relay on the 2006 and 2008............
Old 09-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Posting Guru

PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.PrinceValium has a great reputation on FTE.
Maybe this thread will help you,

Folding Mirrors on f-150 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

My Mod Thread 2013 F150 Platinum, Ego-Boost, 3.73, max tow, skid plates, and bed liner, 32% ceramic tinting.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceValium View Post
yeah saw that - some idiot at that forum banned me - LOL give a moron a tiny bit of power when in real life they have none......
Old 09-29-2013, 02:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150