Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 01:30 AM
New User

bigblackbeauty is starting off with a positive reputation.
2011 Expedition stuck in park

hi folks,
my 2011 XLT had an electric problem. Gear shift stucks in park position - bad fuse(breake light) has been replaced in that case - and it worked. So far so good - but this happened several times in the last 7 days and we run out of spare fuses.
My Ford dealer has replaced the electric connections within the trailer coupling after 5 days searching and billed over 500$. But yesterday it happened again. What i must say is, that the Expedition is very rare in germany and even Ford didn't sell it here(i imported this fancy car by myself). But has any one a suggestion, what i can tell the dealer/service team to find the cause?

It will be helpfull to get the wiring diagram for the shift lock solenoid or the brake switch.
regards from Germany...
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Senior User

rexster314 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check the brake light switch. When it goes, it disables the shifter function as well

Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Senior User

bunky383 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
Check the brake light switch. When it goes, it disables the shifter function as well
I agree.
Also the service shop should be able to hook up their scan tool and be able to see if the brake pedal switch is closed or open depending on pedal position. If the pedal switch reads closed on the scan tool and you still can't get out of park, you may have a wiring issue between the brake pedal switch and your shift inter-lock, or the actual solenoid is on it's way out.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator