Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Checking in and introducing

Hi All you Fine Folks of my Favorite Forum!
I have been working 6 days a week 60-70 hrs, so my time here has been drastically and temporarily reduced...

But I did want to introduce my Brother-in-Law here "sturtzs'51"
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: sturtzs'51

He is new to the forum, but certainly not new to the Ford Enthusiasm
We don't get together much since we are so far apart, and I love hanging out with him because we can talk truck...well we can talk about most anything, but sooner or later, we end up discussing something Auto hobby related.
Anyway, I just wanted to welcome him to the site my own way.

Jack is one sharp mechanic with old school stuff.
Hopefully he will step up and show off some of his work!
So Jack....welcome to a great forum. We got a whole bunch of great guys on here.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Postmaster

Harrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to allHarrier is a name known to all
Welcome Jack!
Nice garage, what are you plans for your truck?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Sturtz,
Welcome aboard! Nice looking truck. You have to put up with Jeff as your B-I-L - man that's rough... You have A/C in your garage - that's cheating - you need to be out here sweating like the rest of us.

Looking good over there in New Mexico - Welcome!

Ben in Austin
1950 F1

Last edited by ben73058; 09-08-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
I should clarify. Jack lives in New Mexico not Arizona. I will let him give the city if he chooses to. I don't know how active he will be here, as he is more active in the shop than on the computer, but I am gonna post a couple pics of his.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Always good to have another New Mexican hanging around the place

Welcome to him

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 09-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Post Fiend

AXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to beholdAXracer is a splendid one to behold
Chuck Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
Always good to have another New Mexican hanging around the place

Welcome to him

Bobby
Much better than those Old Mexicans that usually hang around!
Well my truck came from NM, does that count for anything?

1956 F100 Panel "GRACIE"
2007 Solstice GXP racer, the "KRAZED KANARY"
Third place finish 2009 SCCA National Championships
Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post
Mine said NMR on the windshield, thought New Mexico Racing...later figured out...Needs Minor Repair...
Old 09-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXracer View Post
I'd like to go to NM to visit Bobby and Ross some day, does that count? Believe me, my mind is in NM in the middle of January when it's -10 and 12" of snow outside.

Welcome Sturtz
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Cool truck! I'm digging the big inline 6!! I love the 240's & 300's!

And is that a Cleveland powered hot rod? It looks like your B-N-L has good taste!

1954 F100 4x4, 300, NP435/NP205
Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman75 View Post
Cool truck! I'm digging the big inline 6!! I love the 240's & 300's!

And is that a Cleveland powered hot rod? It looks like your B-N-L has good taste!
Cleveland it is. He has won several awards with that Rat rod! I know he loves that thing.
He is building the truck as a daily driver. 240 with a t-18 4 speed. He builds with what he finds cheap. No catalog building. And he comes up with some really cool stuff!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Subscribing

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 09-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj49f2 View Post
I'd like to go to NM to visit Bobby and Ross some day, does that count? Believe me, my mind is in NM in the middle of January when it's -10 and 12" of snow outside.

Welcome Sturtz
Welcome Sturtz , always glad to have another toothed grill owner on FTE much to the dismay of Bob .

Bob -10 & 12" of snow in Mid Jan. in Wis ? Then you woke up on a good day !!
1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 09-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Bob aint the only one here who prefers a monkey face over a Manure spreader.

But hey they all fat fendered so even the Manure Spreaders can be fixed to look
good.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic y block View Post
Bob aint the only one here who prefers a monkey face over a Manure spreader.

But hey they all fat fendered so even the Manure Spreaders can be fixed to look
good
Yeah, like I did with my '51 F-4, change all the sheet metal to '48-50
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 09-11-2013, 10:07 PM
New User

sturtzs'51 is starting off with a positive reputation.
HOLY CR@P! Thanks guys, I'm sorry it took so long to get in here to intro myself but just got back from a quick trip to CA to drive a big Army truck back to NM for a friend.

I'm building this truck to replace my POS daily driver (Mitsubishi) that I am gonna give to my 14 yr old son in 2 years to drive. After a short search I decided there wasn't anything built in the last 30 years I want to drive.

I traded a hacked up '29 dodge 2 door body, partial straight axle front end, 9 in rear and rebuild-able '51 331cu hemi block for 1 complete and 3/4 complete '51 F-1's.

I've taken the best from both and a Fatman II front end and started to build it up. The rear is a Chrysler 9.25 posi with 2:73 gears. This is the first non 9 in I have ever put in anything. I have a 60 mi round trip to and from work, this truck needs to be semi fuel efficient. 240 straight six running the 1 bbl for the start. Maybe in the future 3 1's on progressive linkage. This will be the first time I have built something for me with air conditioning.

So, I hope I haven't rambled too much, I will try to post some pic's and keep it interesting, at least enough to keep Jeff jealous.......
Old 09-11-2013, 10:07 PM