Sponsored by: Moser

Pleased so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 PM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pleased so far

So after having my truck for a week I have to say I'm very happy with her. Can't wait to get an exhaust system on

One thing I wanted to ask, I've seen some post of guys that have b&w gooseneck ball in their truck would a setup like that work in the 5.5' bed?

Old 09-07-2013, 09:38 PM
hammer65
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dislike the exhaust note of my 3.7. Too tinny sounding. I would like it quieter.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
Originally Posted by hammer65
I dislike the exhaust note of my 3.7. Too tinny sounding. I would like it quieter.
I have the 5.0 and have been listening to a lot of sound clips on youtube, I really like the sound of a flowmaster super 40. It may not be the loudest but has the tone I'm looking for. I had a straight pipe on my 6.4 psd and miss having somekind of rumble.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
This is my truck the day I got my Flowmaster setup. 40 Series Original. See what you think. It sounds good but is cheaper than the super 40 last I looked.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Trailblazen
This is my truck the day I got my Flowmaster setup. 40 Series Original. See what you think. It sounds good but is cheaper than the super 40 last I looked.

Thanks for sharing I'll have to check into that one. I don't think I'm going to buy the whole setup though, I think I'll buy the muffler and see how much it would cost for a local shop the fab a system up for me. The price for a full cat back system is ridiculous!!

Old 09-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
This was muffler and the piping to make it a dual. they threw in the chrome tips. whole job was like $300.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
This was muffler and the piping to make it a dual. they threw in the chrome tips. whole job was like $300.
That's not too bad the American Thunder kit that has the super 40 was pushing $600, and is only about $100 for the muffler. Did you put yours on yourself?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
That's installed bud. I did not get my hands dirty. Meineke Car Center in town did it price matching a smaller shop and I got more out of it to sweeten the deal for me going to them. Smaller shop wasn't going to give me Stainless tips and it would have cost more.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:05 PM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
That's installed bud. I did not get my hands dirty. Meineke Car Center in town did it price matching a smaller shop and I got more out of it to sweeten the deal for me going to them.
Thanks I may go that route,I don't mind spending $300 but much more and I'd do it myself.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Jeremiah Lee
New User
Originally Posted by Seantexastech
I have the 5.0 and have been listening to a lot of sound clips on youtube, I really like the sound of a flowmaster super 40. It may not be the loudest but has the tone I'm looking for. I had a straight pipe on my 6.4 psd and miss having somekind of rumble.
I have a 5.0 as well and just replaced the stock muffler with the Flowmaster 40 series. I didn't replace anything else. Just the muffler. I love it and it was only $150 installed. It looks stock but has a deep tone to it. I left the resonator on and I can still have a decent conversation in the cab. It has a little bit of drone around 65 mph but not too bad. It is well worth the money. You won't be disappointed.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Lee
I have a 5.0 as well and just replaced the stock muffler with the Flowmaster 40 series. I didn't replace anything else. Just the muffler. I love it and it was only $150 installed. It looks stock but has a deep tone to it. I left the resonator on and I can still have a decent conversation in the cab. It has a little bit of drone around 65 mph but not too bad. It is well worth the money. You won't be disappointed.
That's good to hear for that kind of money I'll be able to change the exhaust much sooner than I had originally planned. Thanks

Old 09-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
I went straight back on my duals and I am the only 09+ F150 in town that way. Makes my truck a little more unique and sounds great lol. Everyone and their brother who owns a 09+ has the one pipe out the right rear here in Colorado springs from what I have seen so far. I don't think I have even seen dual behind the tires around here.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:01 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went straight back on my duals and I am the only 09+ F150 in town that way. Makes my truck a little more unique and sounds great lol. Everyone and their brother who owns a 09+ has the one pipe out the right rear here in Colorado springs from what I have seen so far. I don't think I have even seen dual behind the tires around here.
Nobody around here has this that I know of, except ME of course

That was before the No Bailout Edition stickers also I'd still like to do different tips but I've been a little lazy when it comes to some minor details

Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Trailblazen
More Turbo
Very nice indeed bud. I haven't seen that here either.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Seantexastech
Freshman User
When I do put my system on it will be dueled out, either straight out the back or behind the tires not sure which yet. With black tips.

Quick Reply: Pleased so far