Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1947 and Older Ford Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2013, 01:11 PM
New User

Anders Villberg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford pickup 1933 (Body Number)

Wonder about the information of the Body Number on a aluminium sign in front of the drivers door on my rebuild Ford Pickup 1933 , the info start with chassinummer and LB 2730 on the sign. I have a lot of trouble to get this California car registred in Sweden but now it seems to be ok, the only thing is the LB and 2730 on this new aluminium plate. Is there anyone who can help me?/Anders
Old 09-07-2013, 09:45 PM
Senior User

newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Depending on where and who rebuilt the truck, it could be a new VIN. Some states force the rebuild company to re-badge the truck because it's essentially a new vehicle. I'm not sure if California does this but I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 AM
New User

Body Number ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by newold46 View Post
Depending on where and who rebuilt the truck, it could be a new VIN. Some states force the rebuild company to re-badge the truck because it's essentially a new vehicle. I'm not sure if California does this but I wouldn't be surprised.
So what do you think the LB stand for if 2730 is an serial number from the rebuilder, could it be initials to the company or what. The chassinumber and the 2730 is punched in the plate but LB is painted in black like the frame of the plate so maybe then the company has their own plates that they using?/ Anders
Old 09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Senior User

newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.newold46 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I wish I could actually answer your questions. My post was a guess at best. I was hoping that someone with more knowledge would see it and correct me. Pictures are always welcome, maybe that will help identify your plate/number.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
New User

Body number Ford pickup 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by newold46 View Post
I wish I could actually answer your questions. My post was a guess at best. I was hoping that someone with more knowledge would see it and correct me. Pictures are always welcome, maybe that will help identify your plate/number.
Ok, looked around on differense sites and LB could be licenced Body when someone else than Ford has made the body and because of that it needs this plate for identifikation. Did find this type of new plate LB even on the E bay, but its most the number 2730 that im interested in. But tanks for all your help!
Old 09-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Freshman User

Truckin23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The number is probably in sequence such as a vin # Is the tag a blue tag with the words assigned identification number or replacement identification number
Old 09-10-2013, 12:40 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin23 View Post
The number is probably in sequence such as a vin # Is the tag a blue tag with the words assigned identification number or replacement identification number
Send you a picture of the black tag and the number 2730 seems not to have anything to do with the vinnumber. The vincode goes with the title and also is punshed on the frame (a little bit difficult to read) But the guy who is signing the certificate want to now wat the LB sign is standing for. So i cant start to use the truck before all this problems is solved. Hope you can open the file/ Anders

Click the image to open in full size.
http://www.ladda-upp.com/bilder-a/th...number-114.jpg
Old 09-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Freshman User

Truckin23 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your pic doesn't come in .
I would ask the question on the Ford Barn site .
I think more 33 and 34 owners over there also Flatheads r us site here's the links good luck with it .
Early V8 (1932-53) - The Ford Barn
Ford Flathead V8 .. 1932 thru 1953 • Index page

Bob
Old 11-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Freshman User

Corn Fed is starting off with a positive reputation.
It is possible that LB indicates where the truck was assembled. I know that on Model A's and 32's they stamped letters and numbers on the front seat cross brace. The letters were a code for the plant, and the numbers where the number of that body style to be produced at that plant. Which might mean that yours was the 2730th truck made in 1933 at the plant. Go to the Model A restorers club site and see if you can find a plant LB.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:25 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1947 and Older Ford Trucks