6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

fumoto valve part number for 6.7L?

Old 09-06-2013, 12:04 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fumoto valve part number for 6.7L?

Anyone installed one of these on the 6.7 yet? What's the part number? I did some googling but was unable to find one. Do they make one for it yet? Had one on my f150 and loved it! Best mod ever if you change your own oil.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:05 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, they don't make one yet.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f103s-valve.html

They say this fits the 6.7l but I would do some more checking.

Other style

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f-10...e-p-16147.html

Neither look right for our application because our plug is a quarter turn plastic thing, right?

Now I searched for 2012 and this one comes up. Different number. Last search was 2011.

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f106s-valve.html

And more confusing.

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f316l-valve.html

I thought 2011 to 2013 were same size. They show one size for 2011 and another size for the 2012/2013.

I highly recommend nobody try this at home. Google is messing with me.

http://www.qwikvalve.com/fumoto-f316l-valve.html

Last edited by WildWildWest; 09-06-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Confusion!! 6th edit. I need a beer!!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:53 PM
jxcasey
Freshman User
Fumoto stopped making their oil drain valve for the 6.7 awhile ago. I think there was some obstacles because they were retrofitting the original Ford valve. (Prior to that decision, they did make them.) The links in the prior post show a different valve--one that I don't think fits the 6.7 diesel.

However, I am quite sure I have one I am not using. If you are interested, let me know and I will confirm if I, in fact, do have one.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:55 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by jxcasey
Fumoto stopped making their oil drain valve for the 6.7 awhile ago. I think there was some obstacles because they were retrofitting the original Ford valve. (Prior to that decision, they did make them.) The links in the prior post show a different valve--one that I don't think fits the 6.7 diesel.

However, I am quite sure I have one I am not using. If you are interested, let me know and I will confirm if I, in fact, do have one.
I am highly interested to learn more about this and why they dont make one. If you do have one that fits and there isnt some major bad problem with it or reason they dont make one due to placement and possibility of it getting ripped off and dropping all the oil unexpectedly or something I would purchase it from you. But i have to ask, why arent you using it? I loved it on my f150 5.4L, made changing the oil a nice clean job, lol! Just bought my 350 and havent even looked under it yet, but I love fumoto valves and think they are the cats ***. I did check out the fumoto site briefly and I didnt see any mention of the 6.7 but there were some other weird ford truck Other mentions I wasnt sure what they were. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:13 PM
jxcasey
Freshman User
My impression is that Ford was not supportive of Fumoto adapting the Ford OEM plug--Ford probably objected. Fumoto's procedure was to buy a Ford plug and "tap" so they could screw one of their valves into the Ford OEM yellow plug. I suspect that wasn't acceptable to Ford.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:35 PM
jxcasey
Freshman User
As to your second question, "why aren't you using it?"

First, this discontinued Fumoto creation doesn't look like the usual Fumoto valves. It was the Ford OEM drain plug with a Fumoto valve screwed in to it. Therefore, it has two sections: the OEM and the Fumoto.

I liked the discontinued Fumoto 6.7 valve, because of Fumoto's ease of draining. And, I have been using standard Fumotos for more than 10 years on all our vehicles.

My final or current take, however, is the OEM is acceptable--since I now know how to remove it without spilling as the oil rushs out of the pan. So for that main reason, I set the Fumoto on the shelf and use the OEM instead. I suppose I should add the oil drains much faster with the OEM than with the Fumoto.

It appears to me you assumed, as I once did, the 6.7 Fumoto would look just like all the others--it didn't--it is added to the OEM.

Fumoto could, perhaps, make one for the 6.7, but Fumoto might have concluded it would be not worth the expense of creating a much larger valve. Larger is needed, because of the much larger oil pan opening.
about the valve.

I hope that clarifies my conclusions. Of course, I still have the Fumoto 6.7 available!!!

Old 09-07-2013, 12:50 PM
jxcasey
Freshman User
I just looked again at the Fumoto web site. I don't know the dimensions needed, but they might have made an adapter to connect the 6.7 drain opening to a Fumoto valve. When they are open Monday, I will try to remember to call to find out. If I do, I will post the answer.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:02 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Ok Thanks, that does answer my questions. Could you post or link a photo of what it looks like? If you can't do it easily don't worry about it. Sounds like i would reach the same conclusion as you. Shame they don't make a regular style one. They might drain a little slower but I never got oil on my hand when using one and that's a good enough trade off for me!

Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM
jxcasey
Freshman User
What it was---the yellow somewhat large Ford oil drain plug with a Fumoto screwed in the end!

And, as I said, I will call Monday to see if they have the adapter or coupling that would connect the 6.7 to a typical Fumoto.

Old 09-07-2013, 03:45 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by jxcasey
What it was---the yellow somewhat large Ford oil drain plug with a Fumoto screwed in the end!

And, as I said, I will call Monday to see if they have the adapter or coupling that would connect the 6.7 to a typical Fumoto.
Oh that's a great idea! Keep us posted. Like I said I haven't even looked under it yet, only got 1000 miles on it. I had no idea it was a huge weird plug

Old 09-07-2013, 04:10 PM
carpbob
Junior User
If you have the metal oil pan on the later 12 on up F106N will work. I have an 11 but i bought the metal pan for the 13. Quick drain and YM International Company are seperate now. Call 1-866-822-5689 thats where i got mine. Price was 26.95 + $5 s/h =31.95.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:09 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Originally Posted by carpbob
If you have the metal oil pan on the later 12 on up F106N will work. I have an 11 but i bought the metal pan for the 13. Quick drain and YM International Company are seperate now. Call 1-866-822-5689 thats where i got mine. Price was 26.95 + $5 s/h =31.95.
thats a creative solution. You saying the stock pan is plastic? I really gotta look under there but ive been so busy with work. Is it easily changeable? is that price for the fumoto valve or for the metal pan?

Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 664 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by SultanGris
thats a creative solution. You saying the stock pan is plastic? I really gotta look under there but ive been so busy with work. Is it easily changeable? is that price for the fumoto valve or for the metal pan?
Midway through 2012 they changed from a composite oil pan to a conventional metal one with a drain plug similar to what's been used for the last 100 years. It doesn't surprise me that an existing Fumoto valve would work with the metal pan; they don't use a unique drain plug size for each different vehicle! Those with the plastic oil pan have a plastic drain plug that's nearly 1" wide that can be installed and removed by hand.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:54 PM
carpbob
Junior User
The fumoto valve i had on my 08 6.4 was diff. thread size. Ford likes to change things.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fumoto valve part number for 6.7L?