Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Senior User

icentropy has a good reputation on FTE.icentropy has a good reputation on FTE.
6" procomp excursion kit questions

Still searching for a way to fit 37s on my truck. Ran across a guy selling a pro-comp excursion 6" lift kit (4wd) with dual front adjustable rancho shocks for 700 bucks complete

That's what he says (he's 6 hours away so all this is via email).

I looked up procomp lift kits and see no 4wd excursion specific lifts.

I looked up F250 procomp lifts and see no 6" lifts with dual shocks (rancho or otherwise)

If it's a F250 lift (of some kind) and is 6" then that means my excursion will go up 8"! that seems like a lot. I want to fit 37s and i suppose it would be what would it look like (i'm not a huge fan of super lifted trucks)?

Can someone comment on how their pro comp lifts handle? on dirt, on highway? anyone have one or seen one using dual adjustable ranchos up front?

Last edited by icentropy; 09-05-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: changed reason for post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:55 AM
New User

rlauer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure how much this will help, but I have a 6" Procomp lift on my 2005 Excursion, but I only have a single front shock. Not sure that having the dual would be much of an issue. I actually like the way it handles on the highway. Way more stable than I thought it would be. I have only taken it offroad a few times and other than the annoying popping sound when stressing the suspension off kilter, i have had no issues.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 09-07-2013, 06:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs