Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 5.0L Coyote
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

5.0L Coyote 5.0l Ford OHC Coyote engine for 2011+

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Postmaster

Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.
Anyone have Gibson or Borla catback setup?

Hi folks,

I'm usually on the 09+ f150 form. Though as this was a 5.0 specific question, any of you folks running a gibson or borla setup? If so, how do you like it? The gibson is cheaper, but make of a lesser grade of stainless (t304 vs t409 for borla).

If you have another system, please let me know what you got and how you like it. I've ruled out Roush (basically just a resonator, I could get the same effect doing a muffler delete)

Old 12-19-2013, 04:26 PM
New User

TAP Auto is starting off with a positive reputation.
Borla S-Type sounds awesome, and is another level in quality. Check out MBRP as well, they offer many systems in different material types that sound good. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:07 PM
New User

VA13FX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm curious if anyone has any feedback about the Gibson as well? I've found them at a very good price on a couple sites lately.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:36 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
IMHO, If you like the ricer type sound...Borla (tinny rap), if you prefer a deeper rumble tone, Gibson or Allied)
Old 01-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Senior User

firedaniel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just installed a Gibson catback on mine. Nice sound! Not loud at all. But the tone sounds like a truck! Install was pretty straight forward. Got mine on Amazon for $399. The dual sport model that has twin side exhaust like the raptor. I had the muffler welded on today. I didnt like the muffler clamps. Good luck!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:07 AM
Postmaster

Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.Robbgt has a great reputation on FTE.
Just to follow up, ended up getting the Borla S-type. Was around $800 on ebay. Install was a breeze, although I recommend having a second set of hands to help out. Took longer adjusting the tips.

Happy with the sound. There is zero drone. There are times I wish it was a little louder, but I think the ATAK system would have been too loud.

Robb

Old 05-21-2014, 07:07 AM