Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

September Chat Thread !!!

Old 09-03-2013, 08:43 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
September Chat Thread !!!

Good morning everyone,
This year is just flying by and it is hard to believe that it's September already... Fall and the holiday season will soon be here.

The holiday weekend sure did go by fast and I never got around to working on the truck, too busy packing my field gear. This morning we are busy packing out unit stuff for our upcoming field training.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Good morning everyone,
This year is just flying by and it is hard to believe that it's September already... Fall and the holiday season will soon be here.

The holiday weekend sure did go by fast and I never got around to working on the truck, too busy packing my field gear. This morning we are busy packing out unit stuff for our upcoming field training.

I hope you enjoy it. And this time try to get some training in something that you don't know.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:01 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Grubbworm
I hope you enjoy it. And this time try to get some training in something that you don't know.
Yea right... They pay me to keep everyone else on the straight and narrow. As long as I can keep the trucks rolling up and down the roads then everything will be fine. The first week will be a pain, everything else after that should be OK. I don't drink much but once this training is over then it will be time for a cold one.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chief,I'll have one waiting on you next time you're in the area. We had a blast over the week end. It'll take me a couple of days to get the 94 cleaned up.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:40 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Glad to hear that someone had some fun, I finished a few things around the house and packed my gear for training. I try to double check everything before I leave but there is always something that breaks not soon after i leave. Nature of the beast.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ChiefM
Glad to hear that someone had some fun, I finished a few things around the house and packed my gear for training. I try to double check everything before I leave but there is always something that breaks not soon after i leave. Nature of the beast.

Hey, I know you won't be back for a while. But, maybe next spring or summer we could get together and do some camping and trout fishing in the North Georgia Mountains. And maybe I'll even have a little beer and shine for you too.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:52 AM
F0RR35T
Senior User
Oh dang! It's September already!? It just hit me.. The funniest part is I just got my AC fixed yesterday!

Old 09-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by F0RR35T
Oh dang! It's September already!? It just hit me.. The funniest part is I just got my AC fixed yesterday!

In your truck or your house?

Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 AM
F0RR35T
Senior User
In the truck. Flushed/rebuilt the whole system and changed the accumulator, orifice tube and every single oring. All new oil as well. Just in time for fall! Hey, at least I'll get a few weeks of comfort.. and at least my heat already worked.. Ha!

Old 09-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
In the truck. Flushed/rebuilt the whole system and changed the accumulator, orifice tube and every single oring. All new oil as well. Just in time for fall! Hey, at least I'll get a few weeks of comfort.. and at least my heat already worked.. Ha!

Good for you. I do not have any A/C in my truck. It came A/C and Radio delete when I bought it. I have considered adding an aftermarket one eventually after I have just about finished with the restoration.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 AM
F0RR35T
Senior User
Yeah, you don't realize how awesome AC is until you don't have it. Oh, I also got a camper top! I know its kinda silly looking but now I'll always have somewhere to sleep when I camp! (which I do a lot).
Technically, it's redneckin.. But camping sounds better to most people.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 AM
F0RR35T
Senior User
Old 09-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Yeah, you don't realize how awesome AC is until you don't have it. Oh, I also got a camper top! I know its kinda silly looking but now I'll always have somewhere to sleep when I camp! (which I do a lot).
Technically, it's redneckin.. But camping sounds better to most people.

Yeah, I have a shell on mine too that we use for camping and such. We try to get away and do some trout fishing and camping at least twice a year or more. But we have not been able to do any in the last two years. Next year will definitely be different though. Maybe Some of us can have a camping get together or something.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Heres few few pics from the weekend. Now the fun begins with the clean up.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
F0RR35T
Senior User
Two times a year!? Try two times a month.. Ha!

Definitely need to plan a camping trip! My dads property I camp on is open to anyone who wants to come. Just PM me first. Its a 2 hour drive east, north east of Atlanta. Heck, maybe we could invite the South Carolina chapter! It's close to the boarder..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: September Chat Thread !!!