Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Oklahoma Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Gary Lewis

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 06:40 PM
The King

Mustangking1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need a A/C shop that will work on R-12 system.

Hello,
Title says it all.

I have a 1978 f250 that needs some a/c work.
I need to find a a/c shop that will work on my r-12 system
If you know of a shop in okc that does r-12 please let me know!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
If you get a conversion kit, oil and 134 freon, I have a vacuum pump and gauges to evacuate and fill it with 134. I have an R12 can tap, but I don't think it will hook up to my other tools.

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
....Will work for Rep points....
Old 09-08-2013, 03:45 PM
The King

What all would I need to replace to convert to r134a?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:31 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

Gary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud ofGary Lewis has much to be proud of
Here's a link to one of the stickies in the 80-86 forum and you can see there two links regarding conversion to 134a: Link
Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Posting Guru

SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.SwOkcOffRoader has a good reputation on FTE.
The conversion is simply a couple adapter pieces that go on the high and low fittings. You would need those, the proper compressor oil, and freon. Then hopefully the system doesn't leak and functions properly.

Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but always enough time to do it again??
Old 09-19-2013, 10:11 PM
The King

I've heard before that you have to replace the drier/orfice tube?

Is the r134a as cold as r-12?

Where can I get the better r134a conversion kits?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:15 PM
The King

Also SwOkcOffRoader do you happen to have the r12 gauges to see whats wrong with my system currently?
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Posting Guru

The gauges are the same, it's all about the fittings. I have gauges, but would need the fittings. Orifice tubes are inline filters, and cause most ac issues to begin with so yes I'd change it (if there is one) and the dryers are low dollar and can clog up as well. Most parts stores won't warranty compressors unless you buy those at the same time.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 AM