Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Senior User

ericconn is starting off with a positive reputation.
Junkyard sightings

I went on Saturday to look for some fenders, bumper, and a couple other small things this weekend, to a junkyard in Brandywine, PG County. I saw mostly 87-96, but I was able to find what I was looking for, in surprisingly good shape, that also wasn't on the car-parts.com search results for this yard.

Any interest in a thread where people can post photos of good condition trucks and parts they find in area junkyards? I don't think something like this exists, I searched for "junkyard" and didn't see anything that look similar. I didn't take any photos of what I saw, but I'll be going back and can take some. There's another truck yard up the road I didn't get to in time that I'm really interested in checking out. Thanks for any opinions.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
I think that's a great idea
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Senior User

I'm going to the Bowie and Brandywine truck yards tomorrow. If anyone has anything they would like me to look out for, I can. I'll try to take some photos of anything good they might have.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
A Massachusetts member is looking for a decent 99-07 long bed for a super duty.
I searched online, it says they don't have one. Would be nice to see if one is there, and get a price.
Thanks

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 09-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Senior User

Ok, I'll be on the lookout. I saw a bed and cab that weren't listed online for my 84 that ended up being in good condition. (They wanted $1,300 for the bed when I called after seeing it. Sounds a just a tad steep, definitely double checking that this weekend in person)
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Posting Legend

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
Yeah. A whole lota steep. I pay less than that for a whole truck!

Charlie slackmaster #26
"A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely fool proof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of a complete fool."
Old 09-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Junior User

scoobyvanjack is starting off with a positive reputation.
na na na na na na
Elwood's auto exchange in smithsburg. The have a listing on line. mostly older iron.
also Rusty's auto salvage in Point of Rocks but I'd call them first.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Posting Legend

I used Elwood's quite a bit in the past. I didn't know they were still open after Mr Elwood passed.
Thanks for the information!

Charlie slackmaster #26
Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
A Massachusetts member is looking for a decent 99-07 long bed for a super duty.
I searched online, it says they don't have one. Would be nice to see if one is there, and get a price.
Thanks
I didn't see a long bed in those years. They had a 99 F150 though that looked to be in good shape.

Other than that, there's a 1995 F250 2wd manual (not sure what motor) that just arrived at the Brandywine yard that looked to be in decent shape. Didn't seem to have a thing missing off of it yet. There was also a 99 F350 SuperDuty with the steering gear and Hydroboost still in it. I'm on a mission for a Hydroboost but it wouldn't fit my truck.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:06 PM