Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

chevy vs ford vs dodge

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:25 PM
chevyguy4life
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chevy vs ford vs dodge

this is a subject that will never die. Now you may wonder why I am here being a chevyguy4life. Well my uncle and brother-in-law are blue oval guys and the brother-in-law told me to check this site out so Well I have. I have read numerous posts so far and just cannot understand why SOME of you are complaining about chevy guys that complaining about your fords and all I read is Most of you downing the chevys. I read how the camaro has a 350 and mustang a 302 which does not make it fair. Well first I see this is a truck forum,not car and second the displacement is made up by they weight difference. Now I am not here to downgrade a ford,dodge or any other vehicles except maybe ricers. I will not brag on my truck or car as that is not what needs to be done. I do however have to give ford credit for the lightning as this is the onlytruck in my area that can keep up with mine and it is mild compared to mine. Chevy should be putting the ls1 in trucks to compete with the lightning but these **** suv's are going to kill everything off we do not watch out. I also am not big on leaving a vehicle stock I just have to get my hands into everything. But I am not above helping my buddies wrench on their fords and if I ever need the favor returned they better help me as well. I have read some fair minded statements by some on here but others complain about the same thing that they are experiencing from us chevy guys. When it comes to the old muscle cars and trucks my opinion is somebody had to put in wrench time to make that car/truck look that nice no matter the make/model.
Just wanted you ford guys to realize that not all chevy guys are going to rag on your fords and I know not all ford guys are going to rag on my chevys.

"Wrenching Is Wrenching ,And Hot-rodding Is Hot-rodding"

We Just All Have Or Preference On Make And Model.

Old 06-16-2003, 10:12 PM
Duderoy
Tuned
chevy vs ford vs dodge

Well done chevy guy! I thinks it's rude to knock down someone's ride because it's not like theirs. Obvoiusly Ford, Chevy, & Dodge all make awesome trucks or they wouldn't still be doing it. I also agree about the rice burners. Just not beefed enough for me unless you put a mower deck under them and mow your back yard, then their cool i guess.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:14 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
chevy vs ford vs dodge

Excellent points !

That's why we put this sign on the door to this forum!

Ford vs The Competition
Technical discussion only.

Emotional threads, flame wars and trolls will not be tolerated.

Old 06-17-2003, 12:46 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
chevy vs ford vs dodge

Well said chevyguy4life

I have wrenched on all makes and models. I am kind of comfortable with old Fords but that doesn't mean I didn't love my old 57 Chevy PU, 283 w/327hds, 4V, 4spd top loader (no granny). Or my 68 Plymouth 318 (200K miles), 68VW Baha, or 90 Izoozoo Trooper. I didn't like that 82 Cavalier tho...

Old 06-23-2003, 02:53 PM
Ironbelly
Senior User
chevy vs ford vs dodge

Right on...Spoken by a true 'Chevy' guy.. not 'shivie'.

I may prefer Ford, but there is no way I could actually 'side' against an American car lable. If it's V-8 powered, it can't be bad. Ricers...If someone wants one, they can have it, and they can like it for what it 'is'...hehe.

Old 06-24-2003, 12:22 AM
MuchToMyDelight
Posting Guru
chevy vs ford vs dodge

Well said- we should all have that attitude. Now lets go talk some junk at the honda site

Old 06-24-2003, 02:00 PM
daddubo
Freshman User
chevy vs ford vs dodge

There is a lot of truth to what you said so here is my $.02. I've had both some good some bad each manuacture has it's problems. I have a 2000 F250 S/D 4dr 4X4 5.4 with 50,000 mi's on it. The steering on th S/D's suck if you get in a position were you have to turn without moving it, itwon't turn, the ball joints go bad between 20 & 50,000 mi's , it handles like an old truck with a loose front end, ford screwed up a good Dana 50 with thier faster production and weakwheel beerings. I think ford is starting to listen to the bean counters and not the engineers. Other than these problems I love my truck. I don't know maybe if Dodge ever comes out with a real 4 dr and not an extended cab they call a 4dr I might have to think about one. But I don't want to do that or if Chevy puts more room in theres . So there you go take it for what it's worth

Old 06-25-2003, 06:29 PM
f100guy
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
chevy vs ford vs dodge

well if i had an older camaro or a charger then i would be happy but i don't i have fords and so i like them better ford and dodge are my favorites

Old 06-26-2003, 02:53 PM
CustomCab4x4
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
chevy vs ford vs dodge

Chevyguy4life, well put. I'm a Ford guy, but I respect and appreciate the work that goes into any ride. I like old iron the best so I admire just about ANYTHING now. Not near as picky as I was 30 years ago. A well done 57 Chevy or a Cuda looks as good to me as a nice 56 Crown Vic or a BOSS 429. (well, nearly ) I get weepy at the site of a big block 67 Chevelle or an AMX. I'm just glad that people are still interested in old cars and we still have the ability to restore and buy fuel for em. (thank you SEMA) I hate to be at a show or a run and hear some punk say, " Why would anybody spend that much money on a ****** Ford?"
Glad to hear your point of view. I wish more people were as open minded.
Later, "OldCarGuy4LIfe"

Last edited by CustomCab4x4; 06-26-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:56 PM
RSRacing
New User
chevy vs ford vs dodge

I'm a ford and chev guy mostly chev but fords are nice and reliable i drive a ford out to the track each weakend hauling a trailer and what do i take off the trailer and race a chev only reason i race a chev is cause the engine parts are inter change able between other guys but dodge i aint really a fun off one and i have nothing agaist them cause i have never been in one let alone drive one but i like the looks of the old chargers,out at the track its a dodge that kicks my *** ever week only cause they have less restrictions then use so he has more power then my Grand Prix i'm still working the bugs out of it.