Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
September, 2013. Another page of pithy thoughts, notions, and general mischief in Tennessee (CHAT)

Well, shucks - it seem we done wore out a whole 'nuther month...

*Being the first of the month, I have been burning money online.
I have a set of blades for the John "QUEER" on order, and two different kinds of Venus Flytraps for my terrariums coming my way.

But I paid the mortgage first...
Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Well, shucks - it seem we done wore out a whole 'nuther month...

*Being the first of the month, I have been burning money online.
I have a set of blades for the John "QUEER" on order, and two different kinds of Venus Flytraps for my terrariums coming my way.

But I paid the mortgage first...
Beats not making it to the end of the month - an accomplishment at our age!

I need some venus fly traps on my patio. About carried off this morning.
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 09-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Lemon Grass and Citronella plants make wonderful tropical looking container plants for the patio - and can also be carried indoors in the cold times of the year.

* Just a suggestion...

BOTH of them are 'skeeter specific - they have the same properties as most store bought mosquito repellents

The plants I am after just plain eat anything loose in the house - and I hate flies!

Click the image to open in full size.
The planter has been lined with a buried set of LED lights in preparation...

They will attract all of the bugs at night into the designated "KILLING ZONE"

$4.99 well spent on a set of cheap Christmas lights

This is where my new carnivors will be planted

* The soil itself is 70% Peat Moss, the rest Pearlite
* The lights will be on a plug-in timer that comes on at dusk, and shuts off at dawn
Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know this is not the gardening thread, but how would you keep a flytrap alive in the winter without flies?
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Happy Labor Day!!!

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 183k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 103K miles (wifey's)
Old 09-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Postmaster

White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.White 97 xlt has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty4F100 View Post
I know this is not the gardening thread, but how would you keep a flytrap alive in the winter without flies?
You skip bathing for two weeks in the fall to attract "extras", then capture and freeze them!!!!!

Hell, I don't know, but I think my plan would work!!!
1997 F-250 HD Extended cab, long bed, 5.8L, E4OD.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
What's up everybody!! Long time no pop in..

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 09-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
That was an early (or late) pop-in by NFLFreak. Glad to see Wolf is still building his plant collection. As far as feeding them in winter, I have heard that a small bit of hamburger will suffice in a pinch....not sure if that is correct.

Hope everyone is recovering from the long weekend. Have a great Tuesday!
Old 09-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
This looks cool:

Chattanooga Cruise In To Draw Hundreds Of Cars This Weekend - 09/03/2013 - Chattanoogan.com
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
Good morning everyone!

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 09-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Postmaster

Good morning NFL Freak & everyone else! It is the middle of the week and the weekend is fast approaching. Going to be a beautiful day! Get out and enjoy it.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Postmaster

If you like Bluegrass Music, this FREE festival is for you:

An artist-by-artist breakdown of the Three Sisters Bluegrass Festival | Nooga.com

This line up is AWESOME!!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty4F100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White 97 xlt View Post
You skip bathing for two weeks in the fall to attract "extras", then capture and freeze them!!!!!

Hell, I don't know, but I think my plan would work!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgiobuin View Post
That was an early (or late) pop-in by NFLFreak. Glad to see Wolf is still building his plant collection. As far as feeding them in winter, I have heard that a small bit of hamburger will suffice in a pinch....not sure if that is correct.

Hope everyone is recovering from the long weekend. Have a great Tuesday!
Any sort of a "BUG" will do - I wish I could throw Al Gore in there, but he's too big!

Seriously - small amounts of most meats can be substituted.

And flies in the winter are why I always rinse out any cans or other containers before pitching them in the trash (it also helps to rinse off anything before leaving it in the kitchen sink)

I'm not sure, but a tiny grain of some kind of mainly nitrogen fertilizer might work. It mustn't be very much though! I wouldn't want them to get big enough to grab Rufuss or Woola...

HOWSOMEVER:
Woola for some dingbat reason dug out the top of a large planter that had just finally sprouted a number of Chinese desert herbs I was trying to get to grow for over a month.
She has a karmic debt where my plants are concerned

She likes to dig out holes in the yard to lay in when it's hot. The planter made no dang sense at all, since she couldn't climb up in it...
Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Postmaster

One more day 'til Friday....have a good one!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Evening Mac, Dutch, Theo and Glen

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 183k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 103K miles (wifey's)
Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 PM